I'm new, I would appreciate advice.

ksmith798

Don Juan
Reaction score
Alright, my ex-girlfriend of 2 years and I just broke up about a month ago and I don't think either one of us sees ourselves getting together again so I'm trying to talk to new girls and I may be a little rusty. I'm a college student and I was in the library last week studying when a very attractive girl came in and sat at the table next to me. We made eye contact a few times so i went up and talked to her, she was smiling and acted kind of interested and everything seemed to be going pretty good but I couldn't tell if she was into me or not. After a few minutes I went back to my table and continued studying. A friend walked in that I was talking to for a while and eventually the other girl left. When she did I walked outside, got her attention and asked her to lunch. She had class that day then had to work. I thought if she really wanted to have lunch she would bring up going another time but she didn't say anything, so I confidently said "ok I'll just see you around then." Did i ask her out too early? Should I talk to her again? If so should I bring it up, or act like it didn't happen then maybe eventually ask her out again? Any advice would be appreciated.

WhtRbt

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Welcome! You've got much to learn!

I would suggest pretending that it never happened and then forget about that girl. You're absolutely right that if she was interested she would have suggested another time, or even offered her number to you. In other words, she would've helped you out. But she didn't, therefore you can safely assume that she's not interested.

I would start by reading the DJ Bible. There's a link to it at the bottom of the page. Study study study.

KontrollerX

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Generally if a chick doesn't counter offer right away she's not all that interested.

Though the exception to the rule in these cases are shy chicks.

So if you want you could ask her again eventually and if she still doesn't make a counter offer or let you know outright that she's not interested you'll just have to take the hint and next her.

Also a good rule to live by and stay in the DJ mindset is to always assume every girl wants you until proven otherwise.

Almost like that "innocent until proven guilty" thing in the courts.

So start having that mindset when you game chicks and make the h0 say no basically when it comes to your advances.

horaholic

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You did great by approaching her in the first place. Keep that up, and its a numbers game. Learn a few tips and tricks from here, but the number one thing is approaching. Most of the people here dont even do that. Approach ten girls a day, and you will have more dates than you can handle.

ksmith798

Don Juan
Reaction score
WhtRbt said:
Welcome! You've got much to learn!

I would suggest pretending that it never happened and then forget about that girl. You're absolutely right that if she was interested she would have suggested another time, or even offered her number to you. In other words, she would've helped you out. But she didn't, therefore you can safely assume that she's not interested.

I would start by reading the DJ Bible. There's a link to it at the bottom of the page. Study study study.

ok, well next time.. should i ask for a girls number before i ask her to hang out?

pLaYtHiNg

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Well, I wouldn't rule anything out just yet. Her mind might have been elsewhere when you put her on the spot and maybe she didn't think before she answered. I've done this a few times, and later thought about it and had the whole "DOH!!" moment, simply because I wasn't expecting to be asked out so randomly.

Say "Hi" to her next time you see her, and see if she approaches you, but I wouldn't suggest approaching her unless you want to come off as creepy.

WhtRbt

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
ksmith798 said:
ok, well next time.. should i ask for a girls number before i ask her to hang out?
It depends. When you truly understand this, you'll be set. When you no longer need to ask 'strategy' questions like this, then you're getting somewhere. It will take months. Keep studying. You're on the right path.

Yeah next time ask for the number and don't talk about the future. Then wait a week and call her and ask her out.

Or you could try for an insta-date. Actually some guys don't even go on dates. They just take the girl home for sex only. Or you could spend more time with her and then ask for the number. Or you could get the number and start texting to try to make her feel more comfortable, and then call and set up the date.

Do you see why it depends?

It depends on you, and what you want. It depends on your style. You will read tons of advice and much of it will directly conflict. But below all of this advice is a core that you will discover. And then all of your questions will be answered. They will be answered by you. You will just 'know' the best course of action.

Good Luck