If You were in My Position

thebestthing

Don Juan
Reaction score
Lets say someone doesn't like you, and you normally brush it off if people talk **** to you, make em look stupid, turn their own words around, you know?

That was until I got a text today saying, "How're your parents, Joey? Burning in hell?'

My parents died less than 3 years ago, and I feel like I can't just walk away from this. What do I do? I'm a junior in HS, which is why I posted it here.

War Against Betaism

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Beat the sh1t out of him. Well, that's what I would do, that's really fvcked up. If people see you as a lesser man, they'll understand once they hear the reason for it. Though for him to go as far as to say this, what it tells me is that he's confident enough to push that button without you doing anything about it. I know people here teach others that "walking away is the alpha thing", but there's a difference between standing up for yourself and being a complete pushover.

originaldj

Don Juan
Reaction score
First of all I am very sorry for your loss. No one should have to go through that at such a young age.

Secondly, I am usually not a vengeful person but I would absolutely DESTROY this kid. Anyone who can say that to somone doesn't deserve any sort of happiness. If you are big enough just knock him the fvck out. If you have the social status over him tell everyone what he said and destroy his reputation. If none of the above, go to your principal and get this kid suspended.

I get the whole "shrugging it off tactic" but to me that is only an initial good tactic. If they escalate the situation then obviously shrugging it off isn't working and you have to switch strategies.

kevin1198

Don Juan
Reaction score
You could beat the **** out of him, I'd definatly consider it, but eventually you'll have to think things through, and in the end the bigger man is the one who avoids trouble and play it off smooth.

words are just words. If he touches you, destroy him. :yes:

Datpiff

Don Juan
Reaction score
Ok, it really depends on how big a deal this is, does everyone know about it? Is it causing you to look like the poor kid thats getting picked on? Is everyone doing it? If youre a popular person and most people have your back just ignore it. If its making you look like the sad bullied kid get out there and beat the crap out of him. You can use that as a tool to show others what youre capable of. An anecdote even, sitting in a group you tell them what the guy said, they ask how you reacted you say "i knocked the **** out of him" with a big smile. You deliver the goods

War Against Betaism

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
DJ_Hero said:
War Against Betaism, I don't agree, He who cares the least controls the most. I know what the text said was fucked up but why should the OP beat the crap out of the guy that text him? What will that accomplish? Weigh up the pros and cons and see what the best course of action is.

It's hard to give advice for situations like this but I'd suggest just ignoring all of the abuse, I know it's hard and it might hurt but you can't let if affect you.
That quote doesn't apply here; he cares less but he also isn't in control of the situation AT ALL! What beating the sh1t out of this dude will do is showing him I won't stand up for his sh1t anymore. If this was a one time thing, I would ignore the kid and not acknowledge him, but there's obviously some history here; it's not going to stop here; if you ignore him here and try to shrug it off he's going to reach for even deeper buttons.

Kailex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I know it must hurt and definitely sting to receive a text like that.

My question for the OP is: What happened to merit a text message like that?
If you got a text, then it's from someone you know and actively have spoken to. I think no analysis of what to do can firmly be made without looking into the events that transpired BEFORE the text.

I don't know, but I keep a tight list on my phone/facebook of people and don't have anyone on there that I don't have SOME sort of contact with.

That being said, I don't have people just BLAST me with something like that out of the blue without SOMETHING happening first.

I want to know what happened before that text in order to merit such a harsh situation.

And I know the immediate response is to want to pummel the person, but you can't run around just beating your problems to death. There'll always be someone willing to give you crap, no matter what. But you're going to have to learn how to deal with these situations, even if it means taking the high road.

The person who texted you that... is BEGGING for a reaction. That text is for nothing more than to get a heated response from you.

Think about that.
Let it sink in.

eaglez1177

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Kailex said:

If you got a text, then it's from someone you know and actively have spoken to. I think no analysis of what to do can firmly be made without looking into the events that transpired BEFORE the text.

I don't know, but I keep a tight list on my phone/facebook of people and don't have anyone on there that I don't have SOME sort of contact with.

That being said, I don't have people just BLAST me with something like that out of the blue without SOMETHING happening first.

I want to know what happened before that text in order to merit such a harsh situation.

And I know the immediate response is to want to pummel the person, but you can't run around just beating your problems to death. There'll always be someone willing to give you crap, no matter what. But you're going to have to learn how to deal with these situations, even if it means taking the high road.

The person who texted you that... is BEGGING for a reaction. That text is for nothing more than to get a heated response from you.

Think about that.
Let it sink in.
Took the words right outta my mouth, GREAT response!

War Against Betaism

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Kailex said:

Think about that.
Let it sink in.
Although I suggested to pummel the guy, I'm actually not a violent guy at all. Aside from 1 incident, I haven't been in a fight for 7 years. Although I agree with what you said about knowing what provoked him from making that text message, I think I already have a good idea of what led to it. Even the most cold hearted people wouldn't make such a heartless text...unless they know it comes with no consequences attached. So this guy must have been confident enough to make such a ballsy text knowing that nothing is going to happen to him. He's definitely looking for a reaction...or maybe he isn't. Maybe he's testing the OP's limits to see how far he can take it.

This is obviously affecting the OP because he asked everyone on this board for advice on what to do. If my theory is true, then the only way to let him know is to confront him about it. If it turns into a fist fight, there's no way around it; it's that or either letting him continue stepping on you and saying even more fvcked up sh1t. The only other explanation I have to why he said that is he's really that fvcked up of a person.