If she's sincerely busy?

curiousguy

Reaction score
Ok I need some advice, here. This girl I just met is definitely not the only one I'm seeing, but she's a hottie and I actually like what I saw of her.

Anyway, after talking to her for a while I asked her if she wanted to go clubbing with me. She seemed enthused. I got her number... but then she said she's going to be busy working the next 2 weekends (she works in a hospital).

This is mixed signals for me. Usually I'd immediately take this as an excuse not to go out and will take the hint and move on. But this one confused me because:

1. Most the entire time talking she was laughing.. had good body language... was even good on disclosure.. offered a lot about her and wanted to know a good bit about me.

2. She seemed really excited about learning where to go clubbing in the area (she moved here recently).

3. She looked sincere and not just being polite.. she wanted to show me her work schedule but I refused... this isn't a doctor's appointment. But, she did offer!

4. I did get her phone number... why all the trouble to simply stay away from me?

In case anybody's wondering... No, I didn't mess up anything up or do anything weird towards the end. Everything was usual and going well. So, what's the verdict? What do I do here... wait? Call her before the 2 weeks anyway? Move on?

Thanks!

seagull

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Pick a date when she is available and do something other than clubbing if it isn't the right time of night for that.

curiousguy

Reaction score
Thanks seagull... any other takers? I'm kind of curious what this behavior means... if it all turns out to be a waste of time, I'd rather know what happened so I don't put myself in that position again.

Obsidian

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
if you really think she's being sincere, which it sounds like she probably is, then ask her out somewhere else for a different night. Otherwise, wait two weeks and ask her out on a weekend that she's free (and in the meantime, hit on other girls).

seagull

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
curiousguy said:
Thanks seagull... any other takers? I'm kind of curious what this behavior means... if it all turns out to be a waste of time, I'd rather know what happened so I don't put myself in that position again.
Maybe she has a life, you can't expect her to drop everything for you at the drop of a hat if you've only just met her! Just work your way around this, you don't want to "next" her if you're not sure!

mrRuckus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
curiousguy said:
3. She looked sincere and not just being polite.. she wanted to show me her work schedule but I refused... this isn't a doctor's appointment. But, she did offer!
Yeah it's a much better idea to act like a tough guy with tough guy rules and come here and ask us to read her mind than to spend 2 minutes figuring out what day you two can get together.

I dated a nurse for a while. My mom works in a hospital. They have funny schedules.

Docs

Banned
Reaction score
I work 18 hour days sometimes. Completely variable. The only way I can guarentee time with me is if you book ahead a minimum week and hope to crap nothing important comes up.

Same deal :)

curiousguy

Reaction score
mrRuckus said:
Yeah it's a much better idea to act like a tough guy with tough guy rules and come here and ask us to read her mind than to spend 2 minutes figuring out what day you two can get together.

I dated a nurse for a while. My mom works in a hospital. They have funny schedules.
Touche! But I was acting on instinct more than rationale. Good stuff. Thanks!