If she doesn't return eye contract could she be nervous?

tsmith2334

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
For the record, my eye contact game is nice. I'm pretty confident when it comes to looking people in the eye and it's almost always reciprocal.

Here's my question though, if your talking to a girl at a party or a bar and the eye contact is in minimal, could they just be nervous?

I know from personal experience (especially in my younger days) that occasionally if I'm with an HB or someone I have feelings for my eye contact might be weak due to nervousness. Could this be the same for the opposite sex?

DJDamage

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Pook said something that now I am begining to understand better. He said that the hotter the girl, the less likely she will give signs of indication of interest (which includes eye contact).

That does not mean she isn't interested but since she is so accustomed to guys giving her attention that she is desensitized to it and therefore you have to step your game up and act like a man and go for it even if you have no clue about the outcome.

Always assume she is interested and if you are interested then apporach her (sometimes you will fail but its better then not trying).

Ben MacDui

Don Juan
Reaction score
I think that the whole eye contact thing is a bit of a red herring. In big cities, often people will not return eye contact merely since they are mentally preoccupied with other things, don't notice you from the crowd or because it's "not the done thing" (i.e. on the Tube/Underground for instance)

tsmith2334

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
DJDamage said:
Pook said something that now I am begining to understand better. He said that the hotter the girl, the less likely she will give signs of indication of interest (which includes eye contact).

That does not mean she isn't interested but since she is so accustomed to guys giving her attention that she is desensitized to it and therefore you have to step your game up and act like a man and go for it even if you have no clue about the outcome.

Always assume she is interested and if you are interested then apporach her (sometimes you will fail but its better then not trying).
Point well taken, I could see that being the case for very attractive women.

What if she's reasonably attractive (equal to you on the scale or slightly less) and you approach her with a ton of confidence? Personally I could see someone freezing and lacking eye contact. I mean, are women really as confident as we percieve them to be?