I was just watching MTVs dating show called "NEXT"

DJnoob

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I was just wondering if this is how you DJs here on this board act around women like those guys on the show? Some guys are just way to aggressive I think

There was this one date when this guy was talking to this chick in a van alone by themselves.. I was observing her body language. Couple things I noticed:

1. She was playing with her hair
2. Legs crossed

Since she was playing with her hair, I predicted that she wasn't going to next him.. BUT she ended up nexting him!

So my questions:

1. Is dating supposed to be like this? (ive never been on one)

2. Is this how you guys act around women? (just curious, im sure you don't have to be always loud and aggressive like these guys)

Logen

Don Juan
Reaction score
i've never seen it.

i would not learn how to conduct dates from TV shows. read the DJ bible. work up the balls to talk to women and ask them out (this is key pretty much). and read up on how to act on dates.

Shiz Nizzle

Don Juan
Reaction score
MTV has ruined two generations of promising teenagers. They should pull that whole network off the friggin air.

Rada

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by DJnoob

There was this one date when this guy was talking to this chick in a van alone by themselves.. I was observing her body language. Couple things I noticed:

1. She was playing with her hair
2. Legs crossed
As I know it, playing with ur hair, touching ur ear or any other part of the face means u are not serious (or maybe honest).
And about the legs....girls always have their legs crossed, but if they are open to conversation and like the guy, they keep their legs facing the guy ( i hope u understand because I don't knopw how to say this the right way in english)

Mr. Unique

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Blind date is the most realistic but I like Elimidate, its more entertaining to watch, NEXT is a joke!

oakraiderz2

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: Re: I was just watching MTVs dating show called "NEXT"

Originally posted by Rada
As I know it, playing with ur hair, touching ur ear or any other part of the face means u are not serious (or maybe honest).
And about the legs....girls always have their legs crossed, but if they are open to conversation and like the guy, they keep their legs facing the guy ( i hope u understand because I don't knopw how to say this the right way in english)
When girls play with their hair theyre probably interested to some extent.

Anyway, do you honestly think because MTV has a dating SHOW that is 110% retarded that its like that in the real world. Its a SHOW on MTV, im guessing you didnt see how they responded when the got rejected. That show is a joke.

Palomo

Don Juan
Reaction score
yeah, dates on mtv are crap, i saw the same "actors" playing on "mtv dismissed" and in "do you wanna come in" don´t pay attention to them, it´s all bull****

Mr. Unique

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Palomo
yeah, dates on mtv are crap, i saw the same "actors" playing on "mtv dismissed" and in "do you wanna come in" don´t pay attention to them, it´s all bull****

yeah, the only shows that I would suggest watching are Elimidate and Blind date, the rest especially the shows on mtv are bullsh!t.

KarmaSutra

Banned
Reaction score
Padron Reserve maduro in hand while finishing my b
Originally posted by Shiz Nizzle
MTV has ruined two generations of promising teenagers. They should pull that whole network off the friggin air.

Never has a more true statement been written.:down:

bud_2005

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I like Blind Date because you can pick up some tips on that show. Another thing I've noticed on that show that even if that guy is gorgeous they won't always have a 2nd date with him.

I used to like Elimidate but not anymore. All the contestasts try to find flaw in others and point it out as much as they can. Its just a lot of unneeded fighting going back and forth, not much date stuff going on.

It is also obvious that NEXT is very scripted so its hard to watch.

Shiz Nizzle

Don Juan
Reaction score
All reality shows are scripted. Some more than others.

The writers, producers or whoever understand that people enjoy the suffering of others. There may not be an actual script but I bet cast members get plenty of input from those in charge.

Before long there will be biographies, books, and probably lawsuits from participants stating how screwed up in the head there are because of fvcking reality television.

Reaction score
Originally posted by Shiz Nizzle
AMEN!! to that.

ADKdj