I think I've been used.

The Monkey

Don Juan
Reaction score
So, I'm AFC for 14 years and drool over the hot chick. Hot chick likes jerk for 5ish years, I dislike jerk immensely. I become DJ, hot chick likes me (not instead of jerk, just in addition to), jerk becomes jerkier, is told to leave hot chick alone by his mother, hot chick + hot chick's friend + me get along great for like 8 months now.

Until yesterday, when the jerk came back. He called them, and I'm being... ignored isn't the right word, because I haven't tried to contact them - but hot chick still has feelings for jerk, it seems. I haven't received my usual "Good Morning" or "Hey Monkey, how are you this morning?" email, as usual.

So I feel used, I probably was used. They only wanted to be friends with me because the jerk was gone. And it hurts, of course, but I'm picking myself up by the bootstraps and carrying on.

What I want to know is how I get out of this situation like a man. If I ignore them, I'll feel like I "gave up" just because the jerk came back. On the other hand, I'm not willing to call them or whatever because it seems too needy... would they read any form of initiating contact too soon as "omg teh jerk called u wtf Im gonna die come back please"?

If I need to move on, I can do that. Swim team starts up in a month, I'll be able to work it off all summer, meet up with my old swim team friends, it'l be great. I don't want to just give up because jerk showed up though - should I fight? Should I carry on like nothing happened? Part of me tells me I should carry on like nothing happened - the other part tells me I need to get out of this, because I suspect they were only friends with me because the jerk was gone.

*sighs* Damn girls.

- Monkey

JSH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dont be friends. She got interested in you, until you treated her as just another friend. Up the sexual ante and the tension.

teencraft

Don Juan
Reaction score
that's not being used, thats just friends drifting apart. Did you guys think you would be Best Friends for the rest of your life?

only way to come out of this looking like a man would be to befriend the jerk. Play both sides against the middle.

Jester

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
ugh.

what the ****.

stop being such a *****.

Your life isnt that important bro, sorry if im the first one to let you know. You dont have to take this **** so seriously.

stop trying to trick people into liking you and when it doesnt work out dont ***** here.

and heres a ****ing tip, heterosexual males and females can not be friends unless both had 0 sexual attraction for each other.

Don_Jon

Don Juan
Reaction score
I think the answer here it pretty clear. He plays the jerk role and your the friend. Make your move now and up the relationship between you and her. Otherwise NEXT.