I suggested we each pay...is it right?

WORKEROUTER

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
When I went out on a lunch date w/ a girl a couple days ago, at the end, when the bill came, she was not sure what we were going to do.

So then, I told her that we'll each pay half. I asked if she had any cash, but she only had a few bucks, so I ended up covering it and letting her pay the tip! Then I said it's okay..she can get it next time (not sure if this made me look like a cheap ass..but oh well!)

Anyway, is it not a good idea to suggest this to a girl? I don't see why guys should pay the whole amount. Plus, I really don't have a lot of money, so it's really due to economic reasons.

So what are your thoughts about this?

sony007

Don Juan
Reaction score
i think the guy should pay. atleast for the first few dates.

it would b interesting to see how ur relationship goes after this.

it wont go too good if she has high self esteem.

DrDope

Don Juan
Reaction score
If you asked her to lunch, you should pay. If she asked you to lunch, she should pay. It should work like this for at least a month or two. If you get into a more serious relationship, then you'll develop a social contract related to this.

If she never offers to pay, even if she doesn't mean it, find someone else.

But you definitely should avoid looking like a cheap ass.

Jake-inator

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
The question is... did you want to pay for her?
If not, the you probably don't like her that much anyway. That's how my ex explained to me why i don't care about her... :crackup:

I think that women wanting the man to pay is just another example of their double standard on equality. They don't want equality they just want to have it their way... like at Burger King.

I don't mind paying for fast food places but at a restaurant... hell no.
If a girl ever asks me to pay for dinner:
1. I only pay for my part.
2. Never call her again.

My ex gf was a gold digger, and she always had guys pay for everything. She even made stupid excuses like accidentally not having any money on her. I knew she was full of sh*t cuz i used the same excuse in her presence and she gave me this weird smile.

I've had girls buy me dinner or offer to pay for their half, and i payed for the next dinner just because i knew she was a decent girl and not sum wh0re.

There's nothing wrong with paying for a girl, just make sure she's not forcing you to do it. If you don't want to, then don't. If you want to then go for it.
Go with your gut.

Yes you might look like a cheap ass sometimes, but hey i'd rather look like a cheap ass then get used for 30 bucks....

Last edited:

WORKEROUTER

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Absolutely. In my mind, she should be happy that I decided to take her out anyway...why the hell should I be expected for her share, too?

That's why I told her that she can get it the next time...and let her pay the tip at least!

There was another chick I went out on a date once, and I suggested we grab something to eat. Well, I didn't offer to pay, and she ended up paying for her share. I don't think she appreciated it much (she seemed like a f*ckign gold digger).

Anyway, I am glad I did this. During the date, I knew that she just wasn't my type, and she was acting like a real b*tch at times (like walking real f*cking fast in front of me!). No way in hell was I going to give her a free meal!

Plus, like I said, I am not affluent by any means...actually, I am the opposite! Since I eat like a horse, a huge chunk of my income goes just to food for ME!

I don't mind paying for a girl if she's somewhat special, but not everytime...that's just plain ridiculous!

Mr.De Beer

Don Juan
Reaction score
The best way to find out if you should pay all of it or 50/50, is simply to sit back when the bill comes (while in conversation...) If she doesnt make a move towards her purse, or is eyeing the thing out you simply pay the whole amount. Otherwise she'll insist on paying half-and you let her with gratitude. Alot depends on how the girl is brought up. But the thing is, its not a big deal. The bill shouldnt be an issue, cause its not the reason your there. The reason your there is to have fun and learn to know her better. But yeah, I cant say you did the wrong thing, I just think you shouldnt have gave the idea of paying 50/50.
But its cool. Not a big deal.
Have a good one!