I start telemarketing training in an hour

Mitch_Mustain

Don Juan
Reaction score
If you're fixing to post anything that says "oh its gonna be boring etc.." just don't post and go back to whacking off.

Anyone ever done telemarketing? what can I do to make my training better?

Shiftkey

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I did telemarketing. Training is a piece of cake. What ended it for me was doing well when training ended, and then bombing one day. After that day I just dreaded going to work, so I quit without even giving my two weeks. It can be a stressful job because the company makes it so compedative and people hang up on you left and right. The worst though is when they listen to your whole speel, agree to buy, and then change their mind at the last minute.

There's a good reason why telemarketing pays so well and has extremely high turnover of employees - it's a sh1tty job. :down: Good luck, you're going to need it.

insanity

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i worked successfully at a call center for 8 months and it was a hoot. the advice i can give to you is when the training is over and your about to take your first call don't say this because it gets you everytime. "probably the first call i'll get will be the pissed off customer".....and it never fails it is.

after about year i quit and became a call center ho. i went to every call center in the city and took their paid training classes then i dropped out of every one of them. call centers are cutthroats... free money is good

Phyzzle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I was a telemarketer, and I tell you what: that stuff should be outlawed. It's harrassment. Almost 7/8 people we called were PISSED.

Generally, I was the 5th or 10th telemarketer to call THAT EVENING.

It was getting way out of hand before the FCC do not call list.

www.donotcall.gov

Check it out, it works.

Mitch_Mustain

Don Juan
Reaction score
training was kind of fun because it was a joke.

I kind of compared it to sarging and as they said not to take anyone's bad mouting personally and that it is a numbers game.

spider_007

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I personaly hate how they read off the page. Just talk to me like a person, instead of wasing my time by reading your stupid page at ultra high speed so i can't even understand.

"good morning sir, how are you today"
"i'm good too, little hot in here but i can handle it"
"listen, the reason i'm calling is, we are having a little gettogether to reaise some money for dying children and i was wondering if your interasted"
"don't forget, we got free food...."
"ya, no problem, thanx anyway, you have great day now......"

Now wouldn't that be much better, then that fvcking script they read every fvcking time they call. It's the same as talking to a woman. If your not genuane, and if your not fun, then you won't get anywhere....

Shiftkey

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Mitch_Mustain said:
training was kind of fun because it was a joke.

I kind of compared it to sarging and as they said not to take anyone's bad mouting personally and that it is a numbers game.
lol it's not like sarging. When you approach a woman, whether she's interested or not, you just made her day. I've also never been bad mouthed by a woman for approaching her. I suppose it's similar in that it's "a numbers game," but the odds of a successful approach are much higher than selling something over the phone.

cant think of a user name

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
spider_007 said:
I personaly hate how they read off the page.
Yeah, definitely, the way they read off the script makes you feel like you're talking to a robot.

Also they try to trap you into talking to them:

Telemarketer: hi i'm Bill from some corporation. How are you?

Person who answered the phone: No.

(click)

Last edited:

Mitch_Mustain

Don Juan
Reaction score
my trainer was talking about not sounding like you're reading a script. So we have to memorize our sh*t and improvise as long as we keep the person on the phone or something...err.

cant think of a user name

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Mitch_Mustain said:
...as long as we keep the person on the phone or something...err.
That definitely sounds like a difficult task to do though, to keep them on the phone.

Did the boss suggest any techniques for that, because I'd imagine that a lot of people would just say "sorry, not interested", or hang up immediately?

penkitten

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i hate survey calls even more than people trying to sell me things or switch providers or donate money. surverys are long and they never give you crap for doing it either and they always call at the wrong time.