I should do something special.. right?

Finch

Don Juan
Reaction score
Well prom is coming up and convientely this girl that I've been into for a long time broke up with her boyfriend so that she could go to the prom with me.

Her friends already have scoped everything out and they have let her know that I'm going to ask her. So I guess I have a little time since she knows she'll be asked.. but I want to do something soon. Anyway, I think I should do something special for her. I mean ask her in a special way. It seems like the least I can do on my part after she broke up with her boyfriend of nearly a year for me.

I'm trying to think of something somewhat orignal, but nothing has come to mind! Any one have some good suggestions?

Reaction score
1) start dating her before prom.

2) don't do anything special. she didn't break up with her boyfriend for you, she broke up with her boyfriend for herself so she could date you. don't confuse the two.

Climax

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
hmmm.....

Finch: A&F Brand Cologne is right... If she was happy with her ex, then she wouldnt break up with him, obviously she wasnt happy and you seemed to be the better option/choice, so she did it for her OWN good, not for yours.

Anyways... Take her somewhere.. like a walk on the beach, watch the sunset etc, then pop the question. ("Will you go out with me") Then her going to the prom with you should be a given, seeing as she will be your gf.

So in other words, dont make it anything TOO special, but not TOO meaningless/simple, so a walk on the beach and sunset scene will do the job just right.;)

Laterz...

Finch

Don Juan
Reaction score
Awesome, good advice. I don't really know this girl all too well as we've just started hanging out recently. You think I should ask her out? Is that wise considering I don't even know her too well.

Royal Elite

Banned
Reaction score
Originally posted by Finch
Awesome, good advice. I don't really know this girl all too well as we've just started hanging out recently. You think I should ask her out? Is that wise considering I don't even know her too well.
Homey you keep playing around and some one else will ask her. You are already at a disadvantage because she know you are going to ask her, so every day that pass you look like a chump.

The prom is special enough you dont have to do anything else crazy, just ask her ASAP.

Maeisgood

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Does "will you go out with me?" actually work often? It seems wussy to me. If it does and I didn't try this simple thing, then I should kick myself because the girl I was going to ask out is taken and I doubt they'll break up soon, although it is a long distance thing. It burns my @$$ that a guy in another county beat me at a girl two miles away.

Finch

Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah, that's what I was thinking myself. I'm not too sure what to say. She'll say yes no matter what basically, but regardless I don't want to sound like some whimp.