I need more confidence

*RHCP*

Don Juan
Reaction score
So now I have to get some. I tried talking confident, but that didnt work, i just couldnt get into the flow of it, mabey I should watch some movies with confident people or somthing, audio files would be easier though. I've been practising body languadge for ages, but I know I have it wrong because it just doesnt feel right, but I cant work out what is exactly wrong. Also, I have been making eye contact with people but what will usally happen is that I will blink as soon as I look in to some ones eyes, I cant control it its like a reaction.
I figured out the reason I have low confidence is because I have a really bad pedastel image. Not just for girls, but for all people my age who I dont know. Once I get to no someonce it will come down at least a bit, because no one actally lives up to the image exactly. I hate this because I will treat other people as if they are right, so if they say something that I dont agree with I will think Im wrong. Ever since I realized this I have gotten rid of the pedastel a little bit, but not enough. How do you get rid of pedestel images?

originaldj

Don Juan
Reaction score
You can't obtain confidence by learning the proper body language.
The way I got the confidence that I have until now, is I got funny friends.

Before these friends I used to look at the ground when I walked past someone, now I look them straight in the eye. And I'm bolder with girls but still not enough.

So in order to get the confidence you desire you have to surround yourself with great people that give you that confidence.

iCandy

Don Juan
Reaction score
negative.

Confidence is a feeling. And like any other feelings out there you CANNOT just summon them at your will.

Just think of a feeling. Say, being happy. You can't summon being happy.

SO WHAT MAKES YOU HAPPY?

Doing things that make you happy.
i.e. watching happy movies, or spending time with your friends

Same with confidence. What things make you feel confident?

For me, i enjoy playing football and volleyball. Those sports make me feel confident. Or i watch Eddie Murphy stand-ups and I feel confident.

So the answer to your question:

DO THINGS THAT MAKE YOU FEEL CONFIDENT!

The Real Ice Man

Don Juan
Reaction score
OR grow a pair of balls. That would help.