I need help dancing, please help me.

ruben55

Reaction score
Does someone know a site that king of helps you learn to dance? I know someone posted a site that teaches you to dance a while ago... I wish I had saved that. Please post some links to sites that help/teach you to dance. Thank you in advance!!!

RaMar

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
if your dancing at a high school dance the only dance you really need to know how to do is the grind. Last Thursday I went to a school dance, having never danced before, and two minutes into it I was grinding with a girl. There really isn't anything to doing it. The hard part is getting up the confidence to go to a dance and then getting in the mass of people dancing and grabing a girl to grind.

if you really need to read how to do it search the bible, there is a post on how to do it in there somewhere.

Disconnect

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What kind of dancing do you want to learn? If you wanna tango, I suggest taking a class. But if you just wanna go to a highschool dance and jump around, there's not much to it. In fact, I just went to a dance a couple of days ago. For the previous years, every dance I went to ended up being a dissappointment, since I was nothing more than a wallflower. The reason was that I was so self-conscious at the fact that I may look stupid.

But that was before I found this site. At the last dance, everything was different. If you feel confident, your moves will look so. I never danced before at a disco, but this time I was the center of all attention, especially when i got up on one of those illuminated platforms, pushed everyone else off, and started stipdancing to the wild cheers from all the ladies, until the supervising teachers kicked me off :( :D

gav

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i've never found a useful site. i picked it up watching others and practising myself

the most important thing is to move with the rhythm of the music. main body parts to use are your shoulders, arms, legs and hips. so there are many variations of dance moves you can pull off. i'd suggest getting a full sized mirror, put on some music (i can only dance well to dance music (trance, house); don't like the hiphop stuff) and start moving to the music.

it's hard to describe so if you're out at a disco, watch how other folk are dancing and try to copy them

Eternal

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
For grinding, learn to move with the beat and with her. Nothing like screwing up and not being able to move to a beat. Listen to song songs they usually play for dancing (rap, hip hop, techno.) Grab some songs from the net and put them on a cd. Listen to the beats, not the lyrics. Get a hoola hoop. Practice moving your hips to the beat.

Get some girls to help you too. A lot of girls I know don't mind helping someone dance (that's how I had to learn!) :p

CapiCrimini

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Look up beatboxing for a site. Someone gave a list of 15 sites for rap dancing stuff... movies and everything....

if it's just for school dances and stuff... no big deal. Just go have fun and you'll pick it up.

IF you really want to learn to dance. Look for dance clases in a phone book.

Tango is a good hot dancing. Otherwise feel free, some places have hip-hop classes too.