I LOVE MY JOB, but I hate everything else...

Ricky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I love my job,
but I am not pumped about anything else.

I'm still pissed about the last relationship.

I'm pissed about the weather and cost of living in this town

I'm haven't slept well for the entire first month.

I'm pissed at myself for not going somewhere this weekend

So in the end, who do I have to blame but myself.

I will stay here until next May and probably leave when the lease runs up.

I will act like a tourist in the town and have fun.

I will concentrate on what is important like my board exams later this year.

Hopefully I'll start feeling better soon. I haven't felt this bad for this long ever before in my life.

Slickster

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ricky

You have to realize that your recent break up is still totally affecting your overall mood and well being. It is spilling over into all areas of your life. I hear it in all of your posts these days.

Try not to let those negative feelings regarding the breakup cloud your view of reality. If you can't, at least acknowledge the fact that it is happening. Stop looking back.

Stay strong, and keep moving forward. Good luck.

Squid

Don Juan
Reaction score
dude

Stay strong, you will get through this. Things will get better with every day, time will heal the wounds, I give you my word on this.

FrustratedChump

Don Juan
Reaction score
I've always found exercise to be a cureall... Vent your frustration into going to the gym, or a sport you love. I've made my greatest gains at the gym while depressed about "Beautiful What's Her Name"

Plus they say that when you exercise, it releases chemicals that make you happy. Not to mention sleep comes a lot easier when you're absolutely exhausted. Just dont go overboard, its easy to overtrain when you're first starting out.

Ricky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think half my bad attitude is due to poor sleep.

I get up early in the morning to go to the gym, but most nights regardless of that I can't fall to sleep until 1 AM.

Crazy.

Tonight I am breaking out a new trick (not sleeping pills yet).

The power of tryptophan

You can't buy the pills anymore but if you mix up a banana, milk and honey shake at night it can help. Done this in the past, not sure why I didn't try it again until now.

Kava used to be good too, but I hear it can damage the liver.

penkitten

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
ricky,
try my mom remedies for sleepy time...
1. drink a warm glass of milk and have some of those marchino cherries in a jar. they are a sedative.
or
2. drink a warm glass of milk with nutmeg in it. its a sedative too.
or
3. bake a small turkey on your off day. put all the left overs in the fridge. then at night before bed, warm the turkey up in a frying pan and eat on plain white bread. turkey is a sedative too.
or
4. a hot totty... make some fresh sweet tea, while its still warm add a tad bit of whiskey to it. drink it on the rocks if you need to.
or
5. take a warm hot bubble bath to make yourself sleepy. bubbles may seem girlie BUT they make you sleepy.

i like to put on some baggy sweat pants and a tshirt and watch some nick at nite, it always sacks me out.
sometimes, i light some kind of candles that make me sleepy that smell like cookies or apples pie or whatever, they make me sleepy. just remember to blow them out when you are almost asleep.

dont know if they will help but you can never go wrong with a turkey sandwhich, a glass of milk and a bubble bath haha

The_Becoming

Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah it sucks but how about this -just try accepting it for the experience that it is.

When I was younger I always saw friends of mine crushed now and then with broken hearts... I always said to myself "I wish I could get my heart broken someday." Just for the experience anyways... well maybe you're heart isn't exactly broken, but if life sucks right now then just take it for what it is... think of all the great art, literature and empires that have been built due to suffering... and in a couple months you'll be over it and able to move on with a greater appreciation for the good times. I beleive it was Bran Stroker who wrote something like -It is only by enduring the night that we are truely able to appreciate the dawn.

Anyways, that's one thought on the matter.

Ricky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks for the advice Penkitten. I know alot has been about anger i've had about the ex.

Now the weather is hot as hell and I don't have central air.

This one small fan may not cut it, so I've got to either get an in window unit or a couple more fans to cool it down for sleep!

penkitten

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Ricky
Thanks for the advice Penkitten. I know alot has been about anger i've had about the ex.

Now the weather is hot as hell and I don't have central air.

This one small fan may not cut it, so I've got to either get an in window unit or a couple more fans to cool it down for sleep!
ooooooooo i see its the heat!
when i was a teenager in alabama, we had no central air and a fan in the window seemed like a joke.
go look for a window ac unit , even if its used!
check the newspaper in the bargin mart.
then turn it up full blast and hang some dark curtains or blankets over the windows and the door way of your room.
it will cool it down lots and make it dark as hell .
better for sleeping.