I have a thin Frame but a belly

theapprentice

Don Juan
Reaction score
my frame is thin and my arms are small but i have a belly with about 20 lbs of fat on my back and sides.

I keep count of my calories and I was wondering if eating less than you consume is the best way to lose fat?

I have heard that its not how much you eat but what you eat. but I always thought it was the other way around, since a calorie is a calorie.

I watch my fat intake to make sure I dont eat calories from fat, but I eat three meals a day, a salad from Mcdonalds for lunch, honey nut cherrioes for breakfast a tuna fish sandwich with a piece of fruit for snack and for dinner something like soup or lentals with whole wheat pita.

snbatman

Don Juan
Reaction score
theapprentice said:
my frame is thin and my arms are small but i have a belly with about 20 lbs of fat on my back and sides.

I keep count of my calories and I was wondering if eating less than you consume is the best way to lose fat?

I have heard that its not how much you eat but what you eat. but I always thought it was the other way around, since a calorie is a calorie.

I watch my fat intake to make sure I dont eat calories from fat, but I eat three meals a day, a salad from Mcdonalds for lunch, honey nut cherrioes for breakfast a tuna fish sandwich with a piece of fruit for snack and for dinner something like soup or lentals with whole wheat pita.
Definitely eating fewer calories than you use in a day will lead to weight loss, most likely from fat stored by the body already. Make sure not to cut too drastically right away. Also, exercise of any kind will help the process along. I believe there's a cutting guide stickied at the top of this forum that you should try.

Let us know how you do! :yes:

Quiksilver

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Try substituting another type of bread instead of the pita for dinner. Pita's are full of starch and aren't what you want to be consuming while trying to get rid of a belly

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Are you sure it's fat? It could be intestinal "gunk."

Potbelly

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Pitas are bad?? I been eating whole wheat pitas and wrapping up chicken + veggies inside for a while.....UH OH

Shiftkey

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You are what's called "skinny fat." I suggest that you start lifting and doing cardio. Ideally do your cardio first thing in the morning before consuming any calories. Try to eat healthy (pita is fine :rolleyes: ) by avoiding fast food, soda, and other junk.

eps

Don Juan
Reaction score
You sound 'skinny fat' sir. Eat a light amount of carbs only when you wake up and for the meal following your workout.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
"Skinny fat?" Is that a new term in JAMA?

eps

Don Juan
Reaction score
No, it's a common term in the bodybuilding world to describe someone who is skinny but has a high bodyfat percentage.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
eps said:
No, it's a common term in the bodybuilding world to describe someone who is skinny but has a high bodyfat percentage.
Ah, I didn't think it was an actual medical term... :rolleyes:

youknowtherest

Don Juan
Reaction score
This is gonna sound nuts, Apprentice, but you might want to try a colon cleanse. Google "psyllium husks cleanse" . I lost eleven pounds in 3 weeks a couple of years ago doing this, and my gut went away. I mean AWAY. I lost five inches from my waist. And I crapped out some of the weirdest, nastiest stuff -- it looked like my guts had come out, big, squiggly things -- but it was just hardened crap that had formed to my intestines. I started putting on muscle and food stopped going right to my potbelly. My back fat went away, too. Costs about $75 for a one-month cleanse.

Potbelly

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
youknowtherest said:
This is gonna sound nuts, Apprentice, but you might want to try a colon cleanse. Google "psyllium husks cleanse" . I lost eleven pounds in 3 weeks a couple of years ago doing this, and my gut went away. I mean AWAY. I lost five inches from my waist. And I crapped out some of the weirdest, nastiest stuff -- it looked like my guts had come out, big, squiggly things -- but it was just hardened crap that had formed to my intestines. I started putting on muscle and food stopped going right to my potbelly. My back fat went away, too. Costs about $75 for a one-month cleanse.
hey man, was that painful?

youknowtherest

Don Juan
Reaction score
Potbelly said:
hey man, was that painful?
Not at all. It was like taking the most satisfying crap of my life. I didn't realize how much pressure and discomfort was inside my gut until that stuff was out of there.

Pic of the kind of stuff that comes out -- DO NOT CLICK on this if you're eating. SERIOUSLY.

http://www.drnatura.com/picturegallery/images/6-2-2005-05_lg.jpg

I got rid of over ten pounds of this stuff in about three weeks. I haven't tried this company's product, but my younger sister is a nutritionist & herbalist and she made me a psyllium husk mixture with some of the stuff that I see in here: alfalfa, slippery elm, papaya, yellow dock root. Mine tasted awful; if these guys make something similar that doesn't taste like what it makes come out of you, I'd buy it. This site is what came up when I googled psyllium husk cleanse -- it's a well-known (in the naturopathic community) remedy. Do some homework on it and see if it's what you want to do. It can't hurt.

RaWBLooD

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
theapprentice said:

disgusting, first of all eat AT LEAST 6 meals a day, 2nd of all dont make any of them fast food.

Desdinova

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This is gonna sound nuts, Apprentice, but you might want to try a colon cleanse.
Doesn't that only work if your belly is hard like a rock? From my understanding of this, the hardened belly is caused by the crap that has collected in your intestines. Thus, if his belly is jiggly and squishy like jello, it's probably just fat.

youknowtherest

Don Juan
Reaction score
Desdinova said:
Doesn't that only work if your belly is hard like a rock? From my understanding of this, the hardened belly is caused by the crap that has collected in your intestines. Thus, if his belly is jiggly and squishy like jello, it's probably just fat.
My gut wasn't hard. I was just putting on belly and back fat no matter what I ate -- I was eating lean meats and raw veggies, though a lot of them (I had just taken up working out again) -- and I wasn't gaining muscle even though I was working out hard. I felt tired and looked kinda swaybacked. No matter how much I stretched and stood up straight, my gut stuck out, and it was getting bigger. My sister recommended the cleanse and it worked.

My understanding is, your body naturally creates mucus that lines your intestines. This is to protect your body from some of the harmful stuff you eat: spicy food, MSG (any kind of modified food starch), sugar, acids, preservatives. What can happen is, if you don't eat well -- and 99.99999% of Americans don't -- your intestines get so much of this mucus built up -- with putrefying crap jammed in the nooks and crannies -- that you start having trouble absorbing nutrients, which leads to problems getting the food to do its healthy stuff. You crap out most of the vitamins and protein -- which normally are absorbed in your lower intestine -- but your body assimilates the sugar and the fat, which is broken down higher up in the digestive tract. As a result, I was running my body largely on sugar and fat, so the same thing happened to me as if I was subsisting on a diet of Coca-cola and Ho-Ho's.

youknowtherest

Don Juan
Reaction score
I've heard that it doesn't work, too. But I lost a lot of weight, fast. Even if what came out was just gel packed with putrid crap -- as that site says -- I got rid of ten pounds of putrid crap in three weeks, and once that stuff stopped coming out, my metabolism immediately started to rock. I stand by my recommendation. It worked for me.

Shiftkey

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
youknowtherest said:
My understanding is, your body naturally creates mucus that lines your intestines. This is to protect your body from some of the harmful stuff you eat: spicy food, MSG (any kind of modified food starch), sugar, acids, preservatives. What can happen is, if you don't eat well -- and 99.99999% of Americans don't -- your intestines get so much of this mucus built up -- with putrefying crap jammed in the nooks and crannies -- that you start having trouble absorbing nutrients, which leads to problems getting the food to do its healthy stuff. You crap out most of the vitamins and protein -- which normally are absorbed in your lower intestine -- but your body assimilates the sugar and the fat, which is broken down higher up in the digestive tract. As a result, I was running my body largely on sugar and fat, so the same thing happened to me as if I was subsisting on a diet of Coca-cola and Ho-Ho's.
It's not protection; more like a disorder. Most American's don't eat enough fiber. In countries with high fiber diets, colon cancer is virtually non-existant.

However, you don't absorb nutrients through the colon/large intestine - it's used to absorb water. Protein is absorbed in the stomach, and fat and carbs are absorbed in the small intestine. So the effect you had after your colon cleanse was something other than what you're thinking (probably mostly placebo).

youknowtherest

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm not a nutritionist. I only know what I was told, and I can only speak from the results. Whatever it was, it worked great. The weight loss while I was on the psyllium mixture was real enough and my body looks and feels awesome, now.