I don't get it.

PS79

Don Juan
Reaction score
I reconnected with an old friend a while back. How? She meets one of my friends, asks about me, and tells him to tell me to e-mail her...

So I do...we e-mail back and forth a couple of times and eventually I asked for her number. No response. A couple of months down the line, we reconnect again and I asked for her number. No response.

Now two years later, I see her at a bar with her friends and we chat it up and it the end before she left, I ask for her number and she gives it to me.

I don't get. Is there a logic behind this?

HarlequinMan

Don Juan
Reaction score
why would expect a female to operate on logic?

trd323

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
There is a million things that can being going on her life. Maybe she had a baby and was busy, mayube she had 3 boyfriends at the time, maybe she her computer crashed, etc see how rediculous it is to try and explain the motivation behind someones actions? Who cares. you got the number, aske her out and see what happens.

suavesuave

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
wow 2 years to get a number...thats is really wasting time

PS79

Don Juan
Reaction score
Relax....I was living my life...I didn't respond back and ask "why not?" I wasn't desperate at all throughout this whole thing.. I've known her for over 12 years..

She's easily HB10 and very single right now

The way it happened was I met my friends at a bar and they're all staring at this one girl. And I'm like, "Wait, I know this girl from somewhere." And I pinched her tricep and said, "I know you..." She was like, "Oh my god....

So we were talking for a good half hour. My friends came up and talked to her. She introduced me to her friends. I was definitely busting her chops on a lot of things...I mean a lot She's slapping my arm... i mean i held her left hand at one time and looked at her hand and said, "I'm shocked." (no wedding ring) and then she grabbed my hand and said, "I'm shocked too."

After a while we went back to hanging out with our own friends and at the end of the night, she found me and said, "I was looking for you. I'm leaving now. It was great seeing you. E-mail me. (Kiss on the cheek)." I said, "Let me get your number." She gives it to me...end of story

AcerGuild

Don Juan
Reaction score
PS79 said:
and very single right now

tI said, "Let me get your number." She gives it to me...end of story
There's your answer mate - she's single she's available and now she's interested. I would go for it. If she flakes again that's dissing you and then I'd bin her. but worth another try.

TheBucketOfTruth

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Gaming is much more fluid in person than on back and forth crappy e-mails. Maybe you made a good impression. The other possibility is that since now you two were face to face, she couldn't just ignore your request as in the e-mails, so she gave you the digits to prevent any awkwardness or a scene. Try not to phrase it as "let me get your number" if that's how you actually said it. Tell her to give you her number, don't ask if she'll allow you to have it.

PS79

Don Juan
Reaction score
You're right. I think she just gave it to me to prevent any awkwardness.... Either way, life goes on..