I am a god-awful dancer

YellowPeril

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey everybody. Me again. Topic du jour: GRINDING.

So awful might be a bit of an exaggeration. I can bob around and juke like anyone else when I'm with a group of friends. That said, I have no real style. I see guys grinding like they were born doing it, and I hardly know where to put my hands, lol. DJs: Please help me to not make a fool of myself on the dance floor. I'm tired of getting laughed at for my awkwardness!

:woo:

Prodigy746

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
ROFL...you dont know how to grind.. thats the easiest dance ever if you can call it a dance. What do you mean u dont know where to put your hands... Hmm hips, shoulders, weist is a good idea...

It's-Me

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
YellowPeril said:
Hey everybody. Me again. Topic du jour: GRINDING.

So awful might be a bit of an exaggeration. I can bob around and juke like anyone else when I'm with a group of friends. That said, I have no real style. I see guys grinding like they were born doing it, and I hardly know where to put my hands, lol. DJs: Please help me to not make a fool of myself on the dance floor. I'm tired of getting laughed at for my awkwardness!

:woo:
Your looking at it the wrong way. Your weakness can be used as an advantage. You can ask one of your lady friends to show you how to do it properly or even ask girls :).

Leporello

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I hate dancing and I'm not good at it. So, i don't dance. I put my energy into other things.

Warrior74

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Grinding...just keep the beat and grind...simple as pie man. Hit up some youtube videos and just don't go over board. as long as you can move from left to right and put your junk on her trunk your golden. Relax.

Vanilla

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Use your hips and practice. It helps if you know the music so you can grind to the beat.

SBW

Don Juan
Reaction score
Get out there and learn some basic steps, moves, walks and apply them wherever possible, whilst showing some degree of enjoyment then.

This place is full of blokes who can't dance, won't dance or at best may stand round the edge of the dancefloor ogling women.

Since I did something about it and managed to become halfway proficent (I wouldn't say good by any means) I have found you get an awful lot more interest from women out there - In fact, once you have been up, got the beat (this is more important than technical perfection IME) and been seen once or twice on the dancefloor, in most circumstances you will never be short of a willing partner and this often leads to more intimate contact/invitations/phone numbers etc. :)

And grinding is the easiest of the lot IME. You barely need to think about it and the woman will usually be happy to help you along - just stay well-close and within her frame of movement. :D