I Am A Girl?

Water_Man

Don Juan
Reaction score
I noticed this woman I met recently and when I am talking to her she is always saying stuff like "I am a girl who eats alot" NO she is not fat! anyway she is always saying "I am a girl" who does this or that. I thought I read in the DJ bible once something about woman doing this but can not remember what it said. So what is with all this I am a girl ****?

( . )( . )

Banned
Reaction score
Who cares is more the point?

But for sh!ts and giggles here you go.

"I am a girl who (insert random junk)"

=

"I'm original , independant and one of a kind...........really I am "

In other words you can probably look forward to yawning alot and or acting surprised (in small doses obviously) at her "uniqueness".

BlahBlah

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by ( . )( . )
In other words you can probably look forward to yawning alot and or acting surprised (in small doses obviously) at her "uniqueness".

That comment was humorous, mean, and... well.... true haha.

stubbornlights

Don Juan
Reaction score
associative qualification

by prefacing all of her attributes with some nonsense like, "I am a girl who... likes to run," she achieves a certain distancing in her characterization. The effect is twofold: firstly, what she says is first given validation because she's putting herself into a group, one of a particular type of girl. The implication is that there are other girls who have this type of behaviour, and she's not weird or strange in this manner. Secondly, it's distancing; she's using the general in order to convey her personality.

You can take advantage of this. Understand that this odd speech habit may be linked to some self-conscious thing. There's a reason people subtly validate themselves like that. Maybe she's feeling slightly uncomfortable. Try to push her away from talking like that, find a clever retort to point it out, like "I'm a girl who talks reflexively" (too nerdy, I know, but you're clever, figure something else out). But basically, whatever she says that's prefaced by the "I'm a girl" part, is something related to an insecurity. Just deal with it like you would any other insecurity in a girl; point it out, make light hearted jokes, etc.

hope this helped. best of luck. cheers.