how would i go about politely asking a girl's age?

Rayneveres

Don Juan
Reaction score
there's this pretty nifty chick who works down at the supermarket, and i was thinking about getting her number.

problem is, i'm not entirely sure how old she is, and i'd rather not put myself in a statutory rape situation, especially since i'm leaving for BCT in October. here in AZ, the Age of Consent is 18, and i just want to make sure that my energies won't be wasted.

again, how would i go about petitioning her age without being rude?

drewsg

Don Juan
Reaction score
"How old are you?"

This is not some hot MILF you are coming across in the supermarket who looks old enough to be your mother.

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
If you're not concerned about anything other than avoiding a statutory rape charge, then get her number and worry about the age thing later. It isn't a crime until you actually have sex with her (and/or engage in "sexual contact" depending on the laws of your particular jurisdiction). You certainly won't get in trouble asking a 17 year old for her number (though you may get a fun reputation at the store she works).

Once you're talking to her, it should be pretty easy to figure out her age by steering the conversation the right way. If she turns out not be legal, Pimp Accordingly.

Really, though, unless you're 18-20 yourself, if you're wondering "is she legal" she's probably too young for you.

Rayneveres

Don Juan
Reaction score
#41 said:
If you're not concerned about anything other than avoiding a statutory rape charge, then get her number and worry about the age thing later. It isn't a crime until you actually have sex with her (and/or engage in "sexual contact" depending on the laws of your particular jurisdiction). You certainly won't get in trouble asking a 17 year old for her number (though you may get a fun reputation at the store she works).

Once you're talking to her, it should be pretty easy to figure out her age by steering the conversation the right way. If she turns out not be legal, Pimp Accordingly.

Really, though, unless you're 18-20 yourself, if you're wondering "is she legal" she's probably too young for you.
well, i'm not necessarily out for blood, but if for whatever reason i do end up making it there, i'd just like to cover my own ass.

and i'm 19; i should probably put that in my profile, >_>

Jitterbug

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Say something indirect about school or exams. Know the school holidays & exams and make a comment on them, see how she reacts.

Recently I met some very young looking girl at a dance and I was faced with the same dilemma. It was the start of university exams period and she was out dancing so I thought she might still be in high school. I said something like "you're brave to be out here dancing at the start of exam period!" She replied: "Yeah I know! Mine won't start till another 10 days though!" Problem solved. Found out she's 19 turning 20.

Rayneveres

Don Juan
Reaction score
oh okay, i'll keep that in mind next time i see her.

i went and she wasn't there. bummer. oh well, i'll probably have a good chance at snagging a few digits this weekend if i go across the river.

Frog X

Don Juan
Reaction score
A really covert way of doing it would be to weave your chinese zodiac into conversation. Ask her what hers is. If she knows, then you can ask her what year that zodiac is. If she doesnt ask her what year she was born in so you can find out hers.

Or

A simple challenge. Question her maturity playfully, then ask how old are you with a smart ass smile.

Either or, seems to me like your making a mountain out of a molehill buddy ;)

Cure

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
most people have a ID card, anyone with an ID card has a photo on it that is almost always goofy/stupid looking.

steer the converstation toward photos, show her your photo, see hers, tease her about hers playfully. sneak a peek at the DOB while you are at it, sorted.

And as others have said, you are over thinking this one :p

Cure