How to respond to "you only pretend to care about me" SH@T Test?

DatDude1435

Reaction score
Got this one last week, and didn't have a good response. Any ideas?

adam225

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
"Sorry, I can't help being who I am. If you don't like it, you need to find someone else who cares more."

Don't put up with that bull sh1t. If she's going to act like a 4 year old then treat her like one.

TheException

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
"Ya but I pretend pretty good...Ive been practicing since I was 4."

PlayHer Man

Banned
Reaction score
The only possible "wrong response" is any type of submission or defensiveness on your part. She wants you to get defensive because that would mean you're insecure.

My response would depend on my mood and my overall opinion of her. I'd probably say something like: "Yeah? That's what you believe? Interesting."

Generally women do things like this when they believe they lack leverage in the relationship. Its a sign the relationship is (in her mind) mostly on YOUR TERMS (as is should be :) ). Usually they do it at a time when they believe you're unprepared (have weak frame).

If you don't want to have an argument or fight.. don't defend yourself or tell her she is wrong. Just let her ramble. Relax and watch the show, but don't participate in this childishness. :up:

n00bPimp

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
As Playher man says, the most important thing here is not to get defensive.
I would suggest next time you get hit with a **** test that accuses you of being a certain way, you ask her "what do you mean?". This works in many situations, not just with girls. It shows that you're interested in what they have to say. This will also help you see if it was a real concern she has or just a **** test.
If after asking her this you can tell that it is a real **** test you should respond with something along the lines of what TheException said, or anything else that makes fun of her comment.

usernamedox11

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I never understood you guys being obsessed with "shyt tests." Whenever a girl would ask me something ridiculous, I'd just tell her to stop nagging like a baby. It's always been my natural reaction, even when I was a teen. Never would think twice about it.

Trump

Banned
Reaction score
DatDude1435 said:
Got this one last week, and didn't have a good response. Any ideas?
Response is "OK".

Anything defensive or rational will cause you more issues. You got to be focused on what you want to do and she's trying to distract you with some emotional bs. Don't get sucked in or caught up. Focus, focus, focus.

m7ytn

Don Juan
Reaction score
Her: You only pretend to care about me...

You: That is ridiculous... You think I am PRETENDING to care about you? ...I thought I was making it pretty obvious that I don't give a sh*t about you...

denverfan110

Don Juan
Reaction score
And then unless she is severely whipped she dumps you but hey at least you went out in style