How to Not Care ABout What Other People Think?

werdmaster

Don Juan
Reaction score
Does anyone have any ideas as to how I can learn to not care what people think. I have deteremined that it is the main source of anxiety in life in general. It just creates an uneasiness in me, and i cant function to my fullest.

The TallOne

Don Juan
Reaction score
Wake up the morning.

Say this for about 2 or so minutes..

'I don't give a ****'

Keep doin that, every mornin.

After about 2 or so months of doin this.. my 'no bull****, don't care attitude' has really bloomed...

Dover

Don Juan
Reaction score
I think positive thoughts are the way to go. Saying I dont care what people think is a negative thought in that its telling you what not to do. I think a better thing to repeat to yourself that would hold up better is telling yourself that all that matters is how you view yourself. In my experience thinking positive thoughts like "all that matters is what I think of me" is much better than "I dont give a **** what others think". This is just me though, do whatever works best for you.

The TallOne

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by wcknightjr
do you mean:

"I don't give a *FVCK*"
or
"I don't give a *$HIT*"

The first one.

It has more meaning.:D

idiot_boyfriend

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
do you mean:

"I don't give a *FVCK*"
or
"I don't give a *$HIT*"
I would switch off every other day.....

More variety is good.

Rather than saying something, I would follow Nocturnal's advice. It's not enough to say something.... you have to follow that up with actions.

oakraiderz2

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
do you mean:

"I don't give a *FVCK*"
or
"I don't give a *$HIT*"

How bout...."I dont give a fvcking sh1t!!"...yup, that works.

jonny football hero

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Use them to achieve your goals. At the gym? remember all the times everyone told you, you were ugly, or fat, the anger will help you lift more. Remember when they said you dressed funny? become the best dresser in your school!

check_mate_kid_uk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
remeber, although you do not want to get upset over what people say, and not take notice to any BS some one might give you, you should care about what people say!

apart from sounding to up youself, unless you really are perfect you should listen to what people say, because if they think you are being to arogant its probably because you are, and you would want to change this if you where, and for that you must take notice of what they say.

Reaction score
Originally posted by werdmaster
Does anyone have any ideas as to how I can learn to not care what people think. I have deteremined that it is the main source of anxiety in life in general. It just creates an uneasiness in me, and i cant function to my fullest.

basically do what ur impulses tell u and punish yourself for not being impulsive,
ie if u feel like dancing to the music ur listening to, go ahead, and if for a second u thought, omg im a look dumb, turn off your music. theres punishment.

now u also gotta be confident and this really is just doing what u wanna do and making eye contact with anyone in your direct view ( people u can see without turning ur head)
, cant really tell u how to do it, u gotta find people who are confident and copy them a bit,

sure it seems like ur just being a wannabe now, so hang out with MANY different confident people, and if u dont know any, get to know them, but this is kinda like me telling u how it feels to be tall , its something u learn from experience not from reading bout it.

Nerdy_A

Don Juan
Reaction score
Man I hope you read my post, i actually put some thought into answering your question:)

I assume you are still in highschool??

This situation brings me back to my highschool memories. I use to care what others thought of me, and afraid to do what I wanted to do. Major social anxiety for me as well but I got over it.

Heres my advice
Don't do anything you don't want to do
IE
him=hey buddy lets go smoke this joint
you= I don't smoke
him= You'll lose my respect
you= yah sure buddy go **** yourself

Just stop giving a **** what others thinkof you and you'll be so much more happier. Don't do anything you don't want to do. DO WHATEVER THE HELL YOU WANT. In the end it's how you feel.

IE

You work at mcdonalds while you are in highschool, most of the highschool jerks think lowly of you because you work there.
I'm out of highschool now and in college. I will tell you this now, I have mad respect for people with good work ethic no matter where they work. Mcdonalds, burgerking whatever. If you have the balls to do what you want people will respect you for what you do trust me.

penkitten

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
first you have to realise that other people are full of ****.

Microphone Fiend

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by jonny football hero
Use them to achieve your goals. At the gym? remember all the times everyone told you, you were ugly, or fat, the anger will help you lift more. Remember when they said you dressed funny? become the best dresser in your school!
Not care what others think by thinking about what they said before?

jonny football hero

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Microphone Fiend
Not care what others think by thinking about what they said before?
Yep. he's right, ignore them. Don't try and better yourself......:rolleyes:

Microphone Fiend

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by jonny football hero
Yep. he's right, ignore them. Don't try and better yourself......:rolleyes:
Whoa! Like Oh My God! He rolled his eyes at me!!! I know what I'll do... I'll make a great post and dedicate it to him!...not

What Im saying is if the sole reason of getting better is so you can prove others wrong you are still seeking their approval. When does it stop? If I made some great post and JFH thought it was garbage anyways I'm right back where I started right. Nothing looks sillyer IMO then those people who spent years working on their image and take their childhood bully on Maury Povich and the bully looks better than them, lol. Seriously, just move on and stop holding a grudge with the world

Pfeile

Don Juan
Reaction score
You obviously care what other people think because you are not happy with yourself in one way or another. Do you dress bad and care what people think of you? Then buy new clothes. Not happy with your physique and you think people think badly of you? Go to a gym.

All you have to do is get rid of everything you don't like about yourself. Write down a list of goals to achieve that will make you the person you want to be. I did and I wrote down about 50 different areas of my life to improve on, and action plans to achieve my goals in each area.

It will not happen overnight, but little by little, one travels far. Once you are the ideal person you set out to be, you will have no insecurities. You will not have any reason to worry about what people think, because you know you are the best you can be. :)

jonny football hero

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Microphone Fiend
Whoa! Like Oh My God! He rolled his eyes at me!!! I know what I'll do... I'll make a great post and dedicate it to him!...not

What Im saying is if the sole reason of getting better is so you can prove others wrong you are still seeking their approval. When does it stop? If I made some great post and JFH thought it was garbage anyways I'm right back where I started right. Nothing looks sillyer IMO then those people who spent years working on their image and take their childhood bully on Maury Povich and the bully looks better than them, lol. Seriously, just move on and stop holding a grudge with the world
Yeah. Shutup. Where in my post did i mention revenge? I simply stated that you can use them to become better. Not to fart in their faces when you do. There was no need for the sarcasm, you made yourself look like a d!ck.