How to let a girl down easily?

Peacebewithyou

Don Juan
Reaction score
How do I let a girl down easily. There is this girl I have known for three years. I liked her on an off for the three years. She friended me explicitly this past September. With my natural temperment, I simply went my way and became very disinterested in her. Come late October, she was highly interested in me and until now she has some interest. We have hung out quite a bit since late October. Right now, we are on break from college. However, she takes too much of my mental energy, which I want back haha. How do I distance myself from her for now? How do I let her down easily?

Trailboss

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm no expert, by any means but: do the obvious. You are in control of your life are you not? If you want distance: take it. If she is smart, she will get the picture. If not...well...you will have to escalate the intention to verbalization of intent. That is, she will confront you at some point and you will have to state what you were trying to avoid. But that will be up to her, whether it is necessary to go that far.

pinkfl

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Tell her in person you want distance. Don't be a coward. If you have been any level of intimate with her and she thinks it is some sort of relationship just tell her to her face that she isn't what you are looking for. Then she will have closure and you don't have to worry about her constantly harassing you.