How to IM a girl?

badboy28

Reaction score
Hi,

I just read the DJ bible (quicky version)
I am new to this.
Theere is this girl I heard about and have seen.
This girl I know sent me a pic of her and she was cute .
So the next day at school she talked to this girl and she got all excited and asked a lot of info about me.
Now, I am a pretty good looking guy and I have no trouble gettin looks from girls. But yes, I am your AFC I have no courage to approach girls even though I'm pretty sure If I talk to them I will score da digits.
Anyways, she got my AOL SN and her friend told me she is too shy to IM me first and that I had to do it.
Well, I was going to but I never had the time cause of exams and studying. This was 2 days ago.
So I decided I am going to IM her tommorow.
But, what do I say to start off.
I dont wanna sound desperate.
Im pretty sure she knows who I am and has seen me at a few places.
Sorry, I know I am an AFC but im gonna try to conquer it.
Thanks

Emilian

Reaction score
First, don't use IM to go on a date, or to say emotional stuff.

There is no body language in IM, there is nothing personal about it..For all purposes she could be 1, 000 miles away and you wouldn't know the difference.

Approach her at school, use some kino, get rid of your fear.

It's the only way to do it 'right'..

The only time IM works, is when you are already going out, and use it for quick messages.

PS:

If you still want to go ahead and do it..Make sure you only spend 20 minutes with her MAX..Anything over that and you have chances of being placed in the friend zone.

FBGangsta

Don Juan
Reaction score
Actually IM is fine, nothin wrong with it as long as you don't tell her your life story on that, and as long as you actually talk to her in real life.
I've seen a lot of people who are like "ya, i talk tho this girl all the time" and ill be like "ya? y didn't u say hi to her?" "well, i talk to her online"

Go ahead and IM her, just remember, girls are people just like everyone else. Just be like, hey (insert her name), and go from there. Don't plan on what your going to say, just pretend she's one of your bros. And don't think "I have to impress her" if u do, you're gonna fail and she'll end up thinking you're a loser.

Basically, JUST TALK TO HER, she is not any different than every other peson.

Evil-Rom

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
,-._|\ ................... ............ / Aus \ ..

Porky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Don't IM her. It will probably put you into the friends zone realfast. Grab your balls and talk to her at school.

Big Boi

Don Juan
Reaction score
you ALREADY sound desperate...

this is simple, do this...IM her with "hmm..." and THATS IT.

PERIOD.

no matter what she types back, what she says, if she keeps sayin "hello are u there? talk to me!"...just dont type back, only that "hmm..." in the beginning, and stay online for a while just to see her responses, but dont type back...

get offline after a little while, and wait for her to come to YOU the next day at school and ask you what happened (make something up). but by then she came to YOU, so now you dont have to worry about the approach.

this is one of my best secrets but yall dont live by me so go head and use it...

Canadianpimpology

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah, you need a real transformation. But, I understand your position. Admit it guys, we were all there once. I sugget you really take DJing seriously. It's time well spent. You are still thinking like an AFC, but let me try to help you out here...walk you through it a little.

Outline
I. IM her
A. Don't listen to all these set guidelines everyone is telling you.
B. I liked the idea (props PHAT rabbit) that you should pause before IMs. Listen to all of PHAT rabbit's advice and follow it.
C. Ask her if she's seen you.

II. Rules of this conversation
A. Do not sound desperate whatever you do. Be confident.
B. Talk to her no more than 15 minutes.
1. When you sign off, make sure that you say you are busy (tell her a "fun" thing you are doing...friend's house...mall
a. Most likely you should make this up
2. You must have a meeting place setup for the following day at school by the time you sign off
C. Be mysterious. Don't talk to her too much.
D. Tease her a little. Online is always a great way to start off in the dreaded friends zone. To avoid this as much as possible, start the teasing (or C+F) as soon as possible.
E. Do not tell her that you like her. Give her no compliments what-so-ever.

III. The Next Day
A. At your meeting place, just talk for a few minutes.
B. If the connection is there and you are interested, ask for her #.
1. DO NOT ***** OUT...I know it can be hard sometimes.
2. Don't get the number unless you are going to call it.
C. Don't talk to her long...remember, you have important "Friends" to get back to
D. If you get the number and want a date, call her 2-5 days after you get the number. You are a busy Don Juan.

Well that's that. Give us an update on your situation. If you need anything you can always e-mail or find me on AIM.

FBGangsta

Don Juan
Reaction score
Jesus Christ Canadianpimpolo! I disagree with that outline. I mean, the content is good, but don't give him an outline to follow. You just gotta be natural, be yourself. If when talkin to her, you have a set of rules you have to follow, you will screw up. Just relax and talk, let it come naturally.

StudMeister

Don Juan
Reaction score
Jesus, you guys wanna hold his **** while your at it? Full outline. We give tips not full blown step by step solutions ... you know why? CAUSE there is no 1 way of doing but many.

MacdaddyJr

Don Juan
Reaction score
Jesus, Mary, and JOesph!!!!
:D

Heres a suggestion, listen to Canadianpimpology and have a short convo on the internet. Do not do it long, and don't allow yourself to get caught in the friendshipzone by being super nice but also don't be a complete jerk. Do not act desperate in anyway. She will smell it and run so fast you will never see her again. shy girls get scared very easily. If you haven't seen her in school before then when you Im her tomorrow ask her either where she hangs out at lunch or ask her to meet you somewhere cause you don't like to talk on Im a lot. Maybe ask her for her number when you Im her instead, up to you. To tell u the truth I hate situations like this cause they can easily be screwed up.

Also, word of advice, don't talk to much and ask her open-ended
questions if you have convo in school. The you and her talking ratio should be 35/65. Be a little mysterious and goodluck.
Don't be DESPERATE:cool:

Need-2-B-Pimpin

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Jesus, what's wrong with the outline? It seems like a good way to do things, just as long as you can improvise and screw the step-by-step crap. It provided a good example.

Last edited: