How to handle this without being AFC

Sam Adams

Don Juan
Reaction score
So I've got a date with this girl tomorrow. There is a comedian coming to campus and I thought it would make a good date because it is something different. I called her and everything on the phone went great especially her tone. I told her I would buy the tix tomorrow. The tix are 15 each. Now I know you never buy anything unless she earns it but I don't want to show up without the tix and not be able to buy any. Then it would be really unsmooth if we can't get in. So I was going to buy the tickets tomorrow morning after class. She will know I paid for the tickets so I was thinking of after I use them saying something like "you know your ticket was 15 dollars you could either pay me back now or make it up to me later." Anyone else have any other ideas how to handle this? I already told her I would buy the tickets so I think I have to do that and play it off as DJ.

BadAssMoFo

Don Juan
Reaction score
cover it yourself.

don't split the first date; talk about friend zoned.

besides, you don't have to be her *****...just pay out the damn 15 bucks

MushroomGod

Don Juan
Reaction score
This not paying for stuff is taken to far. Its ok to pay especially a first date. Thats why we say to do something inexpensive on the first date.

tsmith2334

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
MushroomGod said:
This not paying for stuff is taken to far. Its ok to pay especially a first date. Thats why we say to do something inexpensive on the first date.
Well said.

lildevil

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Damn theirs so much anti-afc going in your mind...

dude your not going to fall into being Afc just for buying the Tix is 30 dollars....Think of that money as a time saver...

Imagine if you have a wonderful time with her then this would just mean that buying the tix wouldn't have been a wrong decision in your part

And means she won some more time with you...If she is a great date she earned the date..

The thing is that as a guy you want to see if she lives up to your standards and that if she is being subceptible to who you are and is a great catch otherwise if you don't see she is trying to make any effort than you simply keep on going...

Last edited:

ready123

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
the rule is you only lose points with "who pays for what" if you make it a big deal

you're making it a big deal