How to get rid of ingrown hairs?

sonick182

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I dont have ingrown hair on my face, but i find on my legs i get them, mainly on the knee, its annoying...

Im pretty sure its ingrown hair. They're like little bumps dark inside, sometimes if i squeeze it, it breaks the skin and the hair comes out.

How do i go about getting rid of the ingrown hair?

blong1068

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Do you shave your legs? I read that for ingrown hairs on your face, use a toothbrush and go over your face gently. I haven't tried it, i rarely ever get ingrown hairs.

djray

Don Juan
Reaction score
Ive had a few on my face, ignored them for a few weeks, then thought fvck it. So i grabbed a needle and went under the skin and teetered it down under the hair and pulled out and the hair came out it was like an inch long.

It may sound extreme but it worked.

any other ideas?

OddTech

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't have too much, but this is what I read from "Men's Health."

Wash with an antibaterical soap and follow with a witch hazel-based astringent. The soap willl kill the germs hanging out on your ingrown follicles, and the astringent will help close the pores to keep new germs from getting in.

And if that doesn't work: have fun with the lasers. Diode laser treatments are able to destroy the hair follicles. Expect to pay about $400 for each zap session.

sonick182

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I dont shave my legs... ill try that toothbrush thing sometime.. or maybe exfoliate them.. thatll prolly remove the excess skin and let the hairs grow