How to get over your ex?

R5D2

Don Juan
Reaction score
Any suggestions? So far tried getting back on the horse with other girls, seeing her, not seeing her, deleting her number, thinking of everything I disliked about her.

Thing is, I think I'm still in love with her, and I know she wants to get back, but I'm joining the navy next summer and don't wanna be tied down...

insanity

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
right now would be a hard time not focusing on your ex cause christmas is around the corner. your probably noticing couples are all over the place cause of christmas shopping and people tend to talk about the one there going out with cause of the time of season.

i won't lie. spending christmas with someone is a blast. but you have to think there are tons of women out there who are single looking for men around this time. just think though that you don't have to spend alot of money on a woman this year. spend it on yourself and have fun. people tend to feel sorry for themselves if they are single around christmas and new years because chances are that you have friends who have a significant other. don't focus on them. enjoy your singlehood and make a new years resolution to meet a new great girl in 2007

donpepot

Don Juan
Reaction score
the best thing to get over with your ex is...Anticipating that what ever you sucky feeling you have ryt now..youll eventually get over with her sooner or later.. try your best to be busy....and dont rush youre self to recover... the best thing to do is forget her..do everything to forget her...

And try to find on the search (search title only) the word dump .."dump"..youll find great topics there concerning how to get over your ex or even having her back...

kyphan

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Here's an idea: do things that make you happy and have fun. Do not think about women, do not think about the ex, and forget about relationships for now. There is so much more to life than women, and all of it is worth pursuing.

R5D2

Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks guys! Its a bad time of year to be getting over an ex. Especially when we both still love each other and she wants me back.

I'm in two minds, part of me wants to get back because I miss all the great things we do together (no other girl has made me feel like that) whilst the other part of me wants to move on but stay friends (although she can't be 'just' friends because she's so in love with me - she says).

I think time is the best healer, but you need time apart, which isn't possible when you live close by and your parents invite her round for drinks over christmas.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
kyphan said:
Here's an idea: do things that make you happy and have fun. Do not think about women, do not think about the ex, and forget about relationships for now. There is so much more to life than women, and all of it is worth pursuing.
I agree. Focus on yourself until you feell better about yourself (not your past relationship). It's surprising how much better you are with sarging when you feel good about yourself.

Rastaman

Don Juan
Reaction score
The best/easiest way to get over an Ex. is to get another chic under you. I know how you feel....

donpepot

Don Juan
Reaction score
yep..agree..but dont transfer you heavy emotions to that new prospect girl or youll screw up things and do to things that signifiesw youre being needy..Mostly guys who just been dump and try to get away with that pain to seeking new prospect girls usually end up getting dump because they rush things they want the girl to be there girl friend instantly and most commonly they show there feeling to fast...

Its much better to let your self recover before hitting a new chick