How to get neck bigger?

groundzero

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey all, I've been weight training for about a year now. I've been eating healthy and having about 2500 of good calories a day. My legs and upper body is getting bigger but I noticed that my neck is still narrow. I was wondering how you can get your neck bigger? Open to any suggestions. Thanks.

wheelin&dealin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by groundzero
I was wondering how you can get your neck bigger?
Your neck should be pretty muscular as is, because you're constantly shaking your head when you get shut down by 100's of gross broads. :up:

Jay-X

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Isn't this forum all about asking questions? Get your facts straight and mind your own business.

i agree

al77

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey all, I've been weight training for about a year now. I've been eating healthy and having about 2500 of good calories a day. My legs and upper body is getting bigger but I noticed that my neck is still narrow. I was wondering how you can get your neck bigger? Open to any suggestions. Thanks.
Very good question! I wish I knew a good exercise for the neck.
Here is some neck exercises:
http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/exercises.php?MainMuscle=Neck

Most of them are not easy to do: they require a weird strap.
Probably the easiest one is:
Lying Face Down Plate Neck Resistance

al77

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: Re: How to get neck bigger?

Originally posted by wheelin&dealin
Your neck should be pretty muscular as is, because you're constantly shaking your head when you get shut down by 100's of gross broads. :up:
Without a good deal of resistance, I guess you are talking about the cardio for the neck :) Which can only make it thinner.
Don't go for the gross broads...

check_mate_kid_uk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: Re: Re: How to get neck bigger?

Originally posted by al77
Without a good deal of resistance, I guess you are talking about the cardio for the neck :) Which can only make it thinner.
Thats not true at all, cardio does build muscles, i only od cardio on my legs, no weight training, and i have substantial muscle from the cardio. Obviously if you want to be huge then you need large weights but you can build ample amounts of muscle with cardio.

As for the original question i have found that doing situps has increased the size of my neck from 34cm to 36cm because you have to hold your head steady during situps.

wheelin&dealin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: Re: Re: How to get neck bigger?

Originally posted by al77
With regards to neck cardio... I found that banging my head against a wall in intervals of 30 bangs on, 30 off has worked best for me.

Live-n-learn

Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: Re: How to get neck bigger?

Originally posted by wheelin&dealin

:crackup:

WORKEROUTER

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I use to do neck exercises and use a "neck strap" (wow, that thing really sucked).

Then I realized that there are other more effective ways (and probably less dangerous). Do shrugs, military presses, and pullups.

Another great neck developer is jiu-jitsu or wrestling. Getting out of all those locks and submissions will definately give you a workout.

Criminal Mind

Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't recall where I heard this from, but I remember a few guys remarking that their neck grew in response to their body growth. They worked their traps a lot and a lof of compound like deadlifts and squats.

They told me that they wanted their necks to shrink because it was getting too big.

WORKEROUTER

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A thick neck gives the illusion of looking bigger. Plus you're able to handle a lot more force on it. A skinny neck does the opposite.

RaWBLooD

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
SHRUGS,
HEAVY shrugs.
Do enough of these, and you will be set.