How to get good with Drinks & Girls

HeyPachuco!

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I want to get good with drinks testing and girls,

I have a few openers for a Bar/ Club setting and need to know whats the ''in thing'' and whats not.

Preferably I'm a double shot Vodka & Coke guy, but obviously this is not everyones preference. With this ( already opened in a set ) opener I have Me: " So what are you drinking?" Girl: "I'm drinking xxxxxx", Me: Err YUCK, Girl: What?, Me: "Hit the bar with me and I'll show you something awesome"

So now what? What could I give her, field-test, thats not too strong ( making her think I'm trying to spike or set her up ) and something not too loose ( making think I'm a softy ), but all in all, some generally good drinks?

PlaysToWin

Don Juan
Reaction score
You risk giving her the impression that you are going to buy her a drink which you shouldn't really be doing. IMO, this is not a good type of opener.

mrRuckus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Why don't you just say hi to her and talk to her like a normal person?

flint

Don Juan
Reaction score
I usually just like to talk about stuff in the environment to open up chicks, in almost any situation. An example of something I would do would be like if I'm sitting at the bar next to a girl, and there's a bottle of something I haven't heard of before I'll pat her and say "Excuse me have you heard of...? Is it any good?"

After that you've just got to use your conversation skills and joke around with her. Maybe tease her about the drink (if she's got a coke call her a light weight, if she's drinking something strong tell her you're trying to fit in as much convo as possible before she passes out). If someone stinks at karaoki then you can joke about that too. Keep it up until you're rdy to leave/go for number.

HeyPachuco!

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
PlaysToWin said:
You risk giving her the impression that you are going to buy her a drink which you shouldn't really be doing. IMO, this is not a good type of opener.
No, this is NOT an "opener" dude, this is conversation flowing, I mean its general chit-chat - I want to get good with drinks anyhow.

So I was wondering if you guys knew any good tips on what good drinks are now.

I wouldn't buy her the drink, I would buy another round of what I had for myself and share it/ let her taste it ( Kino ).

Matt281

Don Juan
Reaction score
mrRuckus said:
Why don't you just say hi to her and talk to her like a normal person?
Yeah, strangely enough this works surprisingly well...

Captain_Hampton

Reaction score
The only time I ever care what a girl is drinking is when she's having a beer and it doesn't look like a mass produced crap beer because then I know for sure I can talk to her about her taste in drinks and it doesn't sound forced.

If you honestly don't care what a girl would be drinking, come up with something else because I'm sure she hears that the most during a night out.

If a girl asked me what I was drinking and it was clearly a beer I might wrinkle an eyebrow and respond with, "You want to buy me my next drink?" or "Grape Soda" or "You totally did that wrong, try the line again with more pouty lips and a wink"