How To get a Model like Build?

mixmasterbert

Don Juan
Reaction score
I just started getting back into the gym after a fews years off. I'm not vary tall but I'm lean with naturally big lats. I have a vision of what i want my body to look like and I think its vary possible to do but i'm not sure how to go about it. I guess a model build what i'm lookin to get in a way. any help?

Warboss Alex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
models are born and not made I'm afraid. if you don't look like a model right now, it'll be very hard to get there.

personally I'd aim for steady body recomp over time with no unrealistic expectations. take muscle gain and fat loss 1lb at a time and enjoy the ride, otherwise you'll always be disappointed.

my own gains really took off when I stopped worrying about my ideal shape and just started enjoying my training.

Skilla_Staz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
That "model like build" is obtainable. The model like facial appearance and stuff, not so much. However, lift your ass off man. You know what you want your body to look like in the end, but I would recommend making short term goals. This way you can actually measure your success a bit at a time.

3 Day Split
-Squat
-Deadlifts
-Bench

Compound Movements

Proper Diet

Possibly High Intensity Cardio, if you're looking to stay lean.

8-10hours of sleep.

mixmasterbert

Don Juan
Reaction score
thanx Skilla. could u give me some links for some more indeph info? I appreciate your help.

seanchai

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A lot of models, like the Abercrombie guys, are mildly steroidal. It could augment your training.

Fuglydude

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
mixmasterbert said:
I just started getting back into the gym after a fews years off. I'm not vary tall but I'm lean with naturally big lats. I have a vision of what i want my body to look like and I think its vary possible to do but i'm not sure how to go about it. I guess a model build what i'm lookin to get in a way. any help?
Looking good is all about illusion man. I think being lean totally faciliates the build you're looking and the builds that most models have. If you have big lats and good upper back development being lean will make your waist small, that'll make you look great.

Please remember that 75% of fitness is diet, especially if you're trying to get lean.

I'm considering entering a fitness model competition next year..and let me tell you the thought of having to get down to 6-7 percent bodyfat scares the crap outta me.

mrRuckus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Skilla_Staz said:
8-10hours of sleep.

Why do people always say this? I can't sleep 8-10 hours unless i go to bed completely exhausted mentally and physically.

If i try to go to bed before i'm tired i just end up lying there. Then if i do manage to fall asleep earlier i'll just wake up earlier still at 6-7 hours. I don't think there's any credible reason why 8 hours is some magic number that gets repeated so often.

Skilla_Staz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
8-10 hours is about how long it takes for the entire sleep cycle to complete itself. Depriving yourself of the whole cycle results in less than optimal performance throughout the day.

A few years ago, I read the book called "Power Sleep". It goes in depth on a whole bunch of things. How to get to sleep quicker, relaxing, reasoning why you should get sleep, setting your 'internal' alarm clock, etc. It's a good read.