How to control yourself?

SilverProphet

Don Juan
Reaction score
We all get emotional sometimes, say, act, text messenging something that we will regret later. At the heat of the moment, even we know it is something we shouldnt do, we still uncontrollably do it. I am a very impulsive person. Right now I feel like say something pointless to a girl I dated a while ago. HELP ME what should I do. Should I follow my heart at this moment or my brain.

lyamdb

Don Juan
Reaction score
well you know you have to follow your brain not your heart!
But why do we get non-realistic emotions sometimes and do things we later regret? because our emotions aren't on the right path. we're insecure. our emotions are always repressed due to our lack of experience. the reason you want to send this message to that girl is probabely that you know you have fvcked up. now you want to fix it. maybe prove to her that you deserve more respect. and you just keep fvcking it up till the day she won't even respond to you. if you want to get rid of these emotional outbursts, the only way is to work on your skills and become a gathered, secure person. no short term solution is available. there's no simple trick to play at these moments. these moments' existance implies that something BIG must be done.

SilverProphet

Don Juan
Reaction score
dam I said something extremely lame to this girl today. I dont even like her. I think only reason I talk to her is because she rejects me now and my male ego cant accept that. In the end of day, I feel so ashamed and lost all the respects for myself. Well, I guess I just have to pretend it is just one of those day that you **** up hahahah. I had upper hand in this breakup and I just gave it away.

Messarger

Don Juan
Reaction score
Take a deep breath, count to 10, think about a better alternative.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
SilverProphet said:
We all get emotional sometimes, say, act, text messenging something that we will regret later. At the heat of the moment, even we know it is something we shouldnt do, we still uncontrollably do it. I am a very impulsive person. Right now I feel like say something pointless to a girl I dated a while ago. HELP ME what should I do. Should I follow my heart at this moment or my brain.
Learn patience. Guys typically want to react to situations as soon as they arise, bad move. Learn to sit, think and decide the best course of action instead of always following irrational emotions.

mrRuckus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
SilverProphet said:
At the heat of the moment, even we know it is something we shouldnt do, we still uncontrollably do it.
Uncontrollably?

Weak.