How to break up

sirkjd

Don Juan
Reaction score
Been dating girl HB5ish/10 for 3 months. seeing her once to twice a week.

Just made the decision to break it off. I am just not that into her.

She is a good chick and I sorta believe she is a fair bit emotionally invested although we have never spoken about our status as a relationship.

What is a good way to break it off?

1. via text - no awkwardness, but I think I would feel like a douche

2. via phone - kinda awkward phone convo, don't really know what to say... but would prob be seen as more "honorable".

I can't do it in person because she lives 30min away.

What are your opinions?

Thanks

Desdinova

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
In my experience, it doesn't matter how you do it. It won't affect her overall opinion of you. What DOES affect her opinion of you is how you treated her during the relationship, and how you deal with her after the relationship.

I did it in person with the last girl. I did it at my house. She made a mess of the place before she left.

I did it via text and fb with the two women before.

All three of them would jump at the opportunity to get back with me given the chance, although I'd probably get the most resistance with the one I broke up with in person.

ScottMustaine

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Tell her to meet up and that you need to talk. Break up. Or

Try to make a fight about something, and break up, saying you can't tolerate, it happened once, it will happen twice, bye.

Or

No contact ( be prepared to get flamed that you aren't man enough to break it off).

sirkjd

Don Juan
Reaction score
thanks. I am leaning towards breaking off by text.

Any thought on that and what kinda message to send?

Desdinova

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Just be polite about it. Let her know that you enjoyed your time with her, but you feel that you're not quite right for each other.

No need to go into much detail. You've been with her for only three months.