How to ask girl to go out to eat

justin11

Don Juan
Reaction score
I know this may be overthinking, but I am going to text a girl asking her to go out to eat with me tomorrow after school. We have a half-day, and I will have football practice a couple hours after school ends, so I was gonna ask her to go out for lunch during that time. Does this sound good?

"I have practice tmrw so we can go out to eat if you want"

Again, I know this may be overthinking, but I'm not sure if it sounds too beta or whatever. Let me know if it's fine, or if I should say something else. Thanks

inkedDJ

Don Juan
Reaction score
its simple bud.

"Hey, lets grab dinner/lunch? I know this great place(fill in with details)..." Assuming you have already broken the ice with her, and not just walking up to her.

I really hate "if you want". Never use it, I just feel like its a copout, and gives her an out to not directly reject you.

The_411

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
No on the if you want. Use declarative statements:

I'm going to get a delicious sumptous burger, and I need to see if you can accurately judge a burger's flavor

or

I'm the burger king and I need a burger queen.

Sure it seems silly but in essence you're using silly declarations to relive pressure while making a sub texted demand

You can even say

Tarzan need Jane to go get food.

Or go direct.

You, me, and some burgers sound for tonight, I'll pick you up at ....

El Payaso

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
"We're getting lunch tomorrow at 2pm".

VladPatton

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
LOL, the guys are right. Lead, don't ask for permission, but state an idea, the idea is "hey let's get some burgers at [place]..it'll melt your face at how good they are" Use some humor. Don't take it too seriously, so if she shoots you down, you just say "oh well, your loss, later!" and that's that.

Reaction score
These guys are all teaching you wrong sh!t. Since this is a NEW relationship , don't ask the girl to any event until the day of the event. If you do it comes off as TOO needy, like you sat around the house all day thinking about her. Second don't ask, direct. Simple say " let's go get something to eat tonight. That simple stop with all the jokes and sh!t. Jokes make you look like a cornball and young to a woman that has some game/social skills. A normal woman would say "so where are we going " you say, It's a Secret just be ready at 8. Wear something tight and sexy. Most likely she will smile and say yes. If not she will say no. But either or subconsciously this whole event makes you come off to her as trying to be her man and not her friend. Since you gave direction and told her what to wear, which comes off as sexual, something her MAN! Would say. You guys over think the game because you are scared of rejection. Rejection is not bad. It lets you know what you are doing wrong and how to improve. You need to learn how to embrace rejection and smile.learn to laugh that **** off.