How to ask for a second date?

oztradamus

Don Juan
Reaction score
I asked this girl on a date about 3 weeks ago and we went out and had a good time. Before I dropped her off and told her "we should do this again" and she said "ok." So we both know this is a second date coming but I dont know how to bring it up again and ask for the second date. Also, were should I take her? The first date was a drive-in and diner. I know most will say it should have been an action date but we knew each other for about 2 months before we went out. Any suggestions?

Blue Vaser

Reaction score
I'm in excatly the same situation now (after the first date, know the girl even longer - 6 months), and I see no problem.
I'll just ask mine when we'll meet at the class, and we'll go for a bike trip, bowling, or just a coffe.

And just one little thing - don't say anything like "I'll see you again", "I'll call you", or "We should do this again". Keep her guessing, let her say that phrase. You'll look much better this way.

oztradamus

Don Juan
Reaction score
Thats good advise, but another question I have is how many days in advance I should ask. I want to take her out on Sat, so when should I ask her?

E-Z Rider

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
In my opinion, you're stressing way too much over this.

Why did you wait 3 weeks? That seems a little long- I hope you've maintained some contact with her inbetween, else the line may have run cold.

If you managed to ask her to the first date, doesn't seem like the second one should be that hard. But I guess I can sorta understand how you'd be worried about what she thought of you; but you need to banish those thoughts now.

Just do it- it's not all that important how.

And while you're at it, get a few other dates (with different girls) if you can. That'll keep you from stressing so much, and will help you more than you can imagine...

Good luck- -E-Z

oztradamus

Don Juan
Reaction score
well the reason I waited so long was because right after we went out, we had finals week then spring break, and I was out of town for all of our spring break. We still see each other all the time, almost everyday since we go to the same college, we actually see each other a little too much so I have been trying to distance myself from her lately so I can save something for our dates. But I have one more question, lately I have been trying to "act" like I dont care If we go out or not and I kind of ignore her a little in public. Does anyone think this will work in my favor because she is shy when it comes to guys even though she is the center of attention. Any suggestions?

On_the_Top

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Humm.. lets see, well you could go out somewhere that you would like to go and or know where you would have fun at, and ask her to come along. If see says no, then go out have fun anyway, and tell her about what you did. Basicaly don't go out with the mindset of asking her for a date, but instead asking if she "thinks" she can or wants to hang with you. Think of it of just asking a good buddy to roll with you for the day, maybe that might make it easier for you, I hope that helps.

Reaction score
If she is shy, then I imagine that you will have to pursue her more aggressively - do a fun action date this time - go fly a kite together and see whose kite get the highest! :)