How strong am I?

How strong am I?

• I am a weakly (bench < bodyweight, squat < 2x bodyweight)

Votes: 8 22.2%
  • I am a Spidey (bench = bodyweight, squat = 2x bodyweight)

Votes: 22 61.1%
  • I am a Juggernaut (bench = 1.5x bodyweight, squat = 3x bodyweight)

Votes: 4 11.1%
  • I am a Hulk (bench at 2x bodyweight or above, squat at 4x bodyweight and above)

Votes: 2 5.6%

• Total voters

OddTech

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Guys,

This is the first time I'm trying this poll feature. Let's see what's the strength of people here in this forum.

I'm going to use bench press and squat (sorry Sosh, no deadlift) for general indication. Have fun.

DJ Girevik

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm 230, can bench 170, squat 298. Damn I'm weak :rolleyes:

oakraiderz2

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
HEY, im weak too. Weigh 165 and bench 195 and squat 205.

OddTech

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Sorry guys, I may have overestimated the strength. The problem is that I can't change the polls. DOH!

I was a little curious after reading football conditioning programs, which combine strength and speed measurements. It is not uncommon to see a running back (at 170 lbs) bench around 250 lbs (which is around 1.5 bodyweight).

But these are athlete, so I was a biased. D*mn.

semag

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah... it's a little spread out in terms of strength.... 170lbs here and I bench around 235 or so, and can squat up to about 260

Elimidate

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Whe you guys say I can bench XXX amount....is that one time or a set of 6-8??

Also, if it's just once, do you try to lift a much as you can one time in your regular workout???

Ricky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Doing a one rep max can be dangerous. I highly discourage it.

For my answer I posted the max weight that I handle in a working set.

It may be less than a one rep max, but I'm not too worried about it. Hell I messed up my shoulder at a weight I benched 7 times anyways. There is no way in hell I'm messing with one rep maxes anytime soon

semag

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
when I put the xxx amount.... that was a one rep max

Kwah

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I weigh 190 and can bench about 230. But the last time I tried I could squat over 600. My legs are freaking tree trucks from 15 years of hockey and Ranching.

Fred Da Head

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I can't bench for ****, (series of 8-10 with like 90lbs last time I did 'em) and I don't squat 'cause I've had lower back problems ever since I was a kid, and my back always hurts when I try to. Anyway, my 1RM is probably somewhere around 900lbs give or take a plate on the leg press. (according to the bodybuilding.com 1 rep max calculator, I do series of 8-10 reps with 600-700lbs) I got HUGE calves (18inches) and thighs (27 1/2inches). If I didn't have back and knee pains when I squatted, I'd do that exercise and get even bigger legs, but heh, that's life. Anybody else have those problems too?

So basically the only thing I really gotta work harder on is my upper body. I actually think the benching is just 'cause of stabilisers, but that's not the point of my post anyway.

Kwah

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I Grew up on a Ranch. When you have to lift cows and **** you get tough legs. I also played hockey for 14 years.

Is 600 good? I dont know if I still can, but the last time I tried that was what I did.

How many reps are you talking about? If I want to do 3 of 8-10 I have to drop it to like 350.