How nice should your 'pad' be or does it matter?

mackdaddy27

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Now do you think girls really care what kind of furniture you have, how nice your pad is ?

Its not an issue of money, but laziness or is it worth the effort. I can get nice furniture..

But I already have old college dorm futons etc. which I would get rid of. even though i've been out of college for 5 years

Do you think a girl will actually care or its not a big enough deal ?

BeyondCharm

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
DonGordon is correct. A few nice pieces of furniture are all you need though.

The main things you want to aim for are:

1. Quality Loveseat
2. One Decent Lamp
3. One Nice Picture on the wall
4. One Nice Dining Room Table/Set (For those romantic evenings)

That's it! The trick is to look on your local craigslist and find cheap deals. I swiped a $500 loveseat for $150 brand new condition and a great deal on a table also. Shop around!

Wodan

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
sounds crazy but make sure there are no stains on the toilet, no dirty dishes piled up, bed sheets are washed every week etc. missing any of those can be a disqualifier.

Tear Gas

Don Juan
Reaction score
if you're at the point where a hottie is at your place, as long as it doesn't reak of **** and look like ass, you're getting laid.

just have a clean bed/sofa and you'll be straight...if you go out of your way to make your house nice and perfect, a girl can sense that you're a try hard and gets turned off. Show that MEN live here. My pad has pratically no furniture, but i keep it clean and smells good. Just have my bed, a small couch and that's it. No art/plants/shiny sh1t. it actually shows that you're confident in yourself when you don't put any effort in pointless materialistic crap. It's kind of a turn on when you show you just dont give a fcuk. focus on yourself and your game before "decorating" your house.

traffic

Don Juan
Reaction score
Tear Gas said:
if you're at the point where a hottie is at your place, as long as it doesn't reak of **** and look like ass, you're getting laid.
I agree. She didn't come to your house to judge your furniture.

Plus, girls expect guys to be slobs. She doesn't want to fvck an interior designer type. She wants an animal, and animals tend to live in the jungle.

Warrior74

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
DonGorgon said:
women hate my unclean bathroom..lol..:yes:
they only thing they hate more is cleaning it. my damn female roommate will not clean the bathroom. We are in a stand off until she does it. I don't care how nasty it gets, I did it last time! haha.

In Motion

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
sebastionay said:
sounds crazy but make sure there are no stains on the toilet, no dirty dishes piled up, bed sheets are washed every week etc. missing any of those can be a disqualifier.
I think it actually might be physically for me or any other guy to to all those things, theres just some barrier there!

BeyondCharm

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I want and feel comfortable living in a specific type of house. It's my own preference and is largely based on what feels good. I like having nice art, I enjoy quality furniture and I love quality electronics. If you don't like those things then don't get them. They are all non-essential for getting booty.

All you really need is:

A bed
A couch
A TV
Movie Player
Food/Alcohol in the fridge
Toilet paper

armadon

Don Juan
Reaction score
I just picked up some nice furniture cheap from a model home sale. I saved a ton of money. My house is starting to look half way decent now.

I.A.F.Y.B.

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You know I read a thread once that having a dirty pad or a pad with sh!t scattered around can be a plus.

If I find the article I'll post the link.

Wodan

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
In Motion said:
I think it actually might be physically for me or any other guy to to all those things, theres just some barrier there!

Your missing a fundamental understanding, being a good looking guy with a good personality isnt everything, The best girls are looking for a LIESTYLE!

Theres two extremes, you could have done everything right and have the nicely laid out clean room, and she'l just think 'i could really get used to this, i can see myself enjoying coming round and settling in really easily'

OR you could have done everything right and have the room look a state and she'l just think 'he has a sh*t stain on the toilet i cant believe what a dirty b*astard he is, im never coming here again!'

like perhaps you rate girls out of 10 which is dictated by looks+personality, your home is defenately a factor with girls and can defenately knock you up a point or two.

It becomes a bad cycle when you dont keep the place tip top guys, ive let it slip in the past and its put girls right off me. It quickly gets to a point where you think pretty much nothing of it, your own mess in nowhere near as disgusting as it is to other people remember.

BeyondCharm

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Art can add a lot of depth to your home and persona.

Art:
Roy Lichtenstein
http://www.vauxx.com/
http://www.fabianperez.com/
David Bolt
Black and white photos
thomas kinkade paintings Pathway To Paradise and Mountain Retreat II.
Tim Burton
http://prints.deviantart.com
Claude Monet
John Singer Sargent
Modigliani
Claude Macke has really bright and vibrant paintings
Van Gogh
Gustav Klimt
Goya
Renoir
Edvard Munch
Lautrec
Rivera
Rubens
Robert Lynn Nelson (Hawaii Art)

Cheap Art Trick:
Find really high quality pics of good art online and download the photo and print it out, buy some cheap black frames from Wal-Mart and there you go. A good place to find lots of photos is on ebay. Just look up art and go from there. Everyone takes great photos of what they're selling
Makes for good 8 x 10 pics. $2 ink + $3 frame is a good deal.

Wodan

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Ive just got the bare minimum decoration wise to be honest and the ppl i bring back defeantely like it. BUT! pictures,sculptures or even posters can be used to make conversation if you have an orkward silence.

labrat

Don Juan
Reaction score
Well don't YOU care how your own room looks like? I'm in a student room, but I take care of it and have pretty decent couches, rugs, and shelves. I just couldn't stand to live in the rooms of other fellow students where dirty laundry and empty pizza boxes litter the whole place...

Wodan

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I like it yeah but alot of people get used to it being bad as i just explained, and most student places are really messy.

AlanB

Don Juan
Reaction score
Fvcking hell. Make your pad as nice as possible so you can enjoy it as much as you can too.

I think in your twenties, where you live and what you have isn't so important (as opposed to when you get to your thirties and women are looking at dates and fvcks as potential life partners) but you need to at least have everything as clean and tidy as possible. Making it a bit homely is surely going to make for a more comfotable environment too.