how much is too much money for supplements?

Mercenary

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
With all of the talk on this forum and on the rest of the net about the benefits of certain supplements there is almost no talk about what is an appropriate amount of money to spend on these products.

The supplement companies themselves are not going to tell us not to spend too much of our hard earned money on them. So, as consumers how much do you think is a reasonable amount to be spending?

I easily spend $200 a month on supplements (whey, creatine, amio acids. multiv's). I think this is probably the most i'd be willing to spend without my physique being related to my occupation or career. I know you can't put a price on your heath but there's a point where it's just overkill.

I know many of you buy a lot more stuff
How much do you guys spend a month? I wonder if it would just be easier on my wallet if i was a pot or crack head.

madgame

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I agree with you I only use creatine and protein powder when im on a cutting diet, but

I know you can't put a price on your heath but there's a point where it's just overkill.
buying supplements for building muscle doesnt really mean living healthier, does it?

Ice Cold

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
That's waaaay too much money... for me at least...

1 shake of protein a day... from a bucket... cost about 1 buck a day... or 30 bucks a month...

I wouldn't recommend spending any more than that. Unless you're 220+ pounds and are running for the competitions...

Cheers

Reaction score
Way less than you do.

if you actually think about it, the most expensive supps would be flax oil ( bottled source ) and whey.

but how in the world can you blow 200 bucks a month is just beyond my believe.

I take 3-4 scoops of whey a day, that would be .75 to a buck.

5 G of creatine on training day, that would be 10 cents.

5 G of Glutime twice a day, 40 cents.

one scoop of dextrose 10 cents.

Milk, 3.50 bucks, lasts me about 6 days, 55 cents a day.

Vit C and E, 9.99 bucks for 250 each and I take 3 of each, so total of 25 cents a day.

so that is about 2.6 dallors a day without taking flax oil and paying for mutli vit.

that would come to about 70 bucks a month.

teedo

Don Juan
Reaction score
ive seen nitric oxide boosters that run up to $120cdn for a one month supply. if you combine that with creatine, protein, multivitmains, amino acids, fma, tongkat ali....etc you could easily be going over $200/month

Reto

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Do some comparative shopping. Figure out what you want. Go to GNC and price those items. THEN, go to DPS Nutrition on line.

GNC is about 30 to 40% more expensive.

Shipping with DPs is about $5.00.

California Love

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
nitric oxide doesnt do jack.

The only thing you really need is your protein. At a costco, u can get a 6lb tub for $30 which can easily last a month or two depending on your frequency of usage. If u really want to spend that much money on supps, you might as well invest in steriods.