how many people here wear glasses?

artalexakis

Don Juan
Reaction score
anyone?

well this past year i notice my eyes are really starting to get bad. and to be honest im feeling really down about it. the thing is for a long time ive had to wear glasses but i didnt do it often. but now i have to wear them and i admit sometimes i dont mind but othere days i feel weird with them on. i feel like chicks wont like me and they will think im a loser and stuff. i just have no confidence with myself wearing glasses. i think other people look good with them on except for myself.

so whats a way i can get over this dumb feeling? and what do chicks think about guys wearing glasses?

also im sorry if i offended anyone here.

Squiggly Sponge

Don Juan
Reaction score
I used to wear glasses...

...recently got eye surgery, so don't need to anymore. If you're that worried about your appearance then it's going to show on the outside. If you feel awkward in your glasses, then people (i.e. girls) are going to notice. So try not to... or do what I did if you have a couple grand spare :cool: .

But if it's to the point where you're thinking the chicks aren't gonna dig you, then you could do with some more confidence. You need to be comfortable in your own skin, with or without glasses. If you can pull it off, the intellectual look is a good one for the ladies. Maybe you should try some designer glasses, or even contacts?

azanon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
artalexakis said:
also im sorry if i offended anyone here.
I don't mean to offend you either, but most people who need their eyesight corrected, but don't like the look of glasses, get either contacts or corrective eye surgery. Your post makes it sounds like you've never heard of either of these technologies.

I wear soft contacts myself.

joekerr31

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i wear glasses. although i often wear contacts when i go out.

glasses today are no big deal. most glasses look good now. almost as stylish as wearing sunglasses.

not like they were when i was a kid - the lenses on my glasses as a kid were f*cking an inch thick!

id rather be blind that have to wear those glasses again.

Ken785

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
chicks dig it man...get a nice pair of stylish glasses and get some contacts...and only wear the glasses sometimes so they dont see you in them that much and you always get nice comments...

artalexakis

Don Juan
Reaction score
thanks guys.

any ways i wouldnt ming getting contacts,but it just seems like a pain in the ass.and with eye surgey maybe later but now nah i dont have money for that.

joekerr31

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
pesonally ive stayed away from eye surgery. although ive known lots of people who have had it with no complaints.

im just worried about how it might effect my eyes when im 80 or something.

oh and contacts are sooooo nice now. when i was growing up wearing contacts was like having a black penis shoved in your eye all day.

now you can't even feel them when you wear them.

Ever onward

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I felt the same way when my vision started going bad. I was 16 and in high school at the time. I thought contacts would hurt my eyes but I was willing to try that over glasses. To my surprise, I couldn't even feel em at all when they were in.

I wore contacts (but no glasses) for 12 years with absolutely no problems at all. Then when I was 28, my eyes became sensitive to contacts. I have no idea why and I'm sure that doesn't happen with everyone. After that I finally had to wear glasses for about a year and a half and I hated every minute of it.

Lots of guys say that glasses look good but I'm not one of them. If a girl has glasses, I don't look twice. (But if they wear contacts most of the time that's okay :) )Unfortunately, I'm sure a lot of girls are just as shallow as I am. Anyway, long story short I had Lasik about a year and a half ago. It was the best investment I've ever made. Like Joekerr mentioned the long term effects aren't known but I'm willing to take the risk. I'm only young once. You can read about my experience with the procedure here:

http://www.sosuave.net/forum/showthread.php?t=95635

Anyway my advice to you is definitely give contacts a try and if you have the means some day consider Lasik.

artalexakis

Don Juan
Reaction score
thanks for the responses.

I just have to be brave and wear the glasses I feel. So this will be good practice for me.

Royal Ace

Don Juan
Reaction score
I wear glasses, about it i have some mixed opinions, some people like me more with them, some like me better w/o.
But don't really have a problem wearing them
tried some times to wear contact lenses but never got to relax my face enough to put them on (and they gave up after a while).

Falcon

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I wear contacts and glasses. I went retro with my current glasses going with the Clark Kent look :)

Canibus27

Don Juan
Reaction score
I wear my contacts during the day and if I go out, but I wear my glasses around the house.