How many of you fellow djs hate texting?

Vantagepoint34

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Texting I have found to be mostly anti climatic. Definitely kills off conversation on dates. Have any of you found a way around avoiding the text. Or would you continue to throw game sporadically with the occasional text.

alxrose04

Don Juan
Reaction score
It takes time to get good at texting. You have to be able to read between the lines, learn the benefits of capital letters and exclamation points. It doesn't compare to face to face though because that's where she can see you expressions and feel your touch and vibe. I only see text as a bridge to keep the ball rolling in what we've built up.

Iceberg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
vantagepoint said:
Texting I have found to be mostly anti climatic. Definitely kills off conversation on dates. Have any of you found a way around avoiding the text. Or would you continue to throw game sporadically with the occasional text.
I think texting only kills conversations on dates when you're having entire conversations via text.

So, I dont hate texting. I just hate reading about the guys on here who have these long-azz, going-nowhere discussions with girls all day on text.

"How was your night?"
"Great! I had cabbage for dinner!"
"I'm allergic to cabbage. How was your morning?"
"Great! I had eggs."

5string

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
One day, this gal walks into her kitchen. Her husband is in there with a flyswatter swinging away. She ask him what he is doing and he tells her he's killing flies.

Her....How many did you get?
Him....5. 3 males and 2 females!
Her.... Now how the fvck could you know that?
Him....Because I smacked 3 on that beer can and smacked the other two that were texting on that cell phone on the table.

Couldn't resist.

JohnChops

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
No more keyboard jockeying . Action is the place.
meh, i hate it now more than ever. send a text to spark up a convo and then meet up with her. Sometimes ill have some interesting conversation but i keep that to a minimum.

pdx1138

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
5string said:
One day, this gal walks into her kitchen. Her husband is in there with a flyswatter swinging away. She ask him what he is doing and he tells her he's killing flies.

Her....How many did you get?
Him....5. 3 males and 2 females!
Her.... Now how the fvck could you know that?
Him....Because I smacked 3 on that beer can and smacked the other two that were texting on that cell phone on the table.

Couldn't resist.

HA HA I'll have to use that some time.

I just use text for setting up times to meet. If I get too many from a girl, I just reply to only a few and they usually get it.

The last girl I was with for a couple of months texted every day:
How's your day?

that got old after a week.

SoSuave666

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Nothing says impersonal like a fvcking text. Unfortunately, you'll rarely find women that prefer calls. They text because they can say no easier, can be social with multiple people at the same time, and respond when they wish. Everything about texting is just so stupid. I use it when I have to. I rarely have to.

bigneil

Banned
Reaction score
There is an art to it. Namely by hardly ever texting them. When she starts texting romantic things and pictures of herself in lingerie then you will tend to enjoy texting.

It's also great because you can text at 4AM sometimes and if they are up they write back immediately. If you ever tried that on a regular phone she'd have you arrested.

Finally, every time you check your phone there is a chance that any of your girls have written to you. They tend to initiate more with text than they used to with phone calls and email, IMO.

Zarky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I love texting. Just the other night I was texting with three women at the same time to negotiate sex. I had to choose which one to spend the night with so I went around and around and took the best offer. Got me a massage, sex, and taken out for breakfast the next morning. The other two girls spent the night alone.

I couldn't have had all those conversations at the same time over the phone. I felt like friggin Donald Trump except, instead of negotiating for real estate, I was negotiating for p*ssy. It was enormously fun and memorable.

ebracer05

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I hate texting. It's a very lame, impersonal, and feminized form of communication but guys seem to like it because it has the lowest amount of risk associated with it. That's a bad reason btw. I do think guys make a mistake when they look at texting like it's some pivotal facet to their game, like the difference between

"hi"
"hey"

or

"heyyyyyyy"

is going to make some deal breaker difference in whether or not you sleep with them woman. It's not. Guys mess things up with texting when they do as Iceberg said orrrrrr... guys use texting as a means to ameliorate their own insecurity demons. That's a consequence of texting that I don't think is discussed nearly enough.

Vantagepoint34

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
bigneil said:
There is an art to it. Namely by hardly ever texting them. When she starts texting romantic things and pictures of herself in lingerie then you will tend to enjoy texting.

It's also great because you can text at 4AM sometimes and if they are up they write back immediately. If you ever tried that on a regular phone she'd have you arrested.

Finally, every time you check your phone there is a chance that any of your girls have written to you. They tend to initiate more with text than they used to with phone calls and email, IMO.
Very true about them initiating with text more. Old school is the way to go for me, just phone calls.