How Long does interest level last?

lovejones

Don Juan
Reaction score
I knew this woman whom I have not talked to for 8 months now. She had at least moderate interest in me this summer. What I want to do is to see if she still has interest and if not wether I can bring it back or be friends at least. I know what people will say there are a million woman out there and I know this. But I did date other woman and none of them I really liked to much, plus I did have alot of fun with this other woman whom I at least want to be friends with.

Apprentice DJ

Don Juan
Reaction score
Is friendship with her what you really want?
or is it the AFC's way out?

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Women are fickle, especially when it is an "out of sight, out of mind" type situation. Be prepared to start off at square one again even if she remembers you. It's your job to keep her IL high since there is a direct correlation between what you do and how it makes her feel.

lovejones

Don Juan
Reaction score
It is Mainly the friendship, I had alot of fun with her. But I would not be upset if we fuxked either.

Reaction score
You are assuming she is still available - find out first!!

Reaction score
then ask her out to do a fun actibvity and catch-up on where she stands with you!!

lovejones

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Francisco d'Anconia
Women are fickle, especially when it is an "out of sight, out of mind" type situation. Be prepared to start off at square one again even if she remembers you. It's your job to keep her IL high since there is a direct correlation between what you do and how it makes her feel.
Square 1????????? dam you mean there will be NOTHING left?????????????? What can I do to try and bring it back?

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by lovejones
Square 1????????? dam you mean there will be NOTHING left?????????????? What can I do to try and bring it back?
Not quite. If there wasn't any interest you wouldn't have a square at all :D Contact her directly, avoid email if you can. Be cordial and jovial. Tell her that you came across her number and remembered that you enjoyed her company and wanted to get together for coffee (or some other light, non committal type meeting).

Don't forecast anything to the extent of a long term commitment. Take small steps (this doesn't mean take it slow per se). The key would be her interest level when you guys had cut ties, not from your standpoint but after she realized that you were not going to call her again.

Ian1983

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm sort of in this situation, high interest level from her, I've pulled back, and it seems to have gone up on her part.
Only problem is she has a bf and I don't want to break anything up.
Women are strange and fickle...and don't want to be the bad one who ends anything (ie they want it to be a mutual break up)

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Ian1983
I'm sort of in this situation, high interest level from her, I've pulled back, and it seems to have gone up on her part.
Only problem is she has a bf and I don't want to break anything up.
Women are strange and fickle...and don't want to be the bad one who ends anything (ie they want it to be a mutual break up)
Your type of situation can be tough. Not wanting to break a couple up is commendable but that's hardly the tip of the iceberg in this instance.

Let's say your girl is in a relationship that not working out, it's not bad but it's not one where she feels "special." Now here comes a DJ that pays her attention, makes her feel the way that she wished her guy would do. She likes the DJ however she's put a lot of time and effort into her guy and doesn't want to cut things off.

Mr. DJ doesn't want to rock the boat, especially on something isn't a sure thing (good insight), so he leaves the girl alone. The girl then misses the DJ, he makes her feel special and she needs her fix. Her relationship isn't working so she needs a little jump start from her DJ to keep her going. She needs him, he isn't around, her IL goes up.

Yeah, being a DJ can put you into a lot of situations that aren't necessarily beneficial to you, it goes with the territory. When I'm in that type of situation I let the HB make her move if she moves at all. A possibility for you is if she offers something worth your while, what ever that may be.

lovejones

Don Juan
Reaction score
Well both of our birthdays are next month "March". So would this cause her to want to talk to me? Last time I seen her it was christmas eve and she asked how I have been and I just gave her attitude and kept on walking. So I feel bad

Ice Cold

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by PuertoRican_Lover
then ask her out to do a fun actibvity and catch-up on where she stands with you!!
Bingo PRL

Why are you wondering if she wants you or not?

You want her. You ask her out and make her want you.

Call her up and say something like: "hey - I think we have some stuff to catch up on. Meet me at place X"

becker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I had this one girl and we had a class that just ended today. I will probably never see her again since I didn't get her number. Anyways, she sort of had her moments of acting quite interested in me, but I never made any moves because I was sort of preoccupied with the class. She was pretty damn hot though, but I just didn't want to think about women at the moment.

I was going to get her number today, but I had to leave with my friend before I had the chance. Now, to get it, I'll have to go through some network of friends. Don't know if that's worth it, since I've never had to do that before, but at the same time, it's literally the only way I'll probably see her again. What do you guys think, should I get her number through some friends, or just leave it alone? She is an 8.5/10 at least, maybe more.

Ian1983

Don Juan
Reaction score
Sorry, I haven't read the site for a few days and didn't want to hijack it.
The reason I stated above was that I was basically told that she was a good girl by her who wouldn't be tempted by someone with a good chest, no matter how good he was at fighting;) (I'm a MMA'ist and that was a text message).
This was then followed by a invatation to show her some moves the following tuesday when she had some free time-which I didn't do because a) didn't feel like it, b) was busy with uni work.
I pulled back for 3 or so weeks cause I got a clear message from that, went back last thursday (this is all taking place in a gym where I go and she works) and speak to her and she texts me less then 5 minutes after I leave saying to come by on saturday to help relieve some boredom, I do and we get on well (kino from her part...and me ;) ).
I may have thrown sexual innudeno in there...and she may have picked up and retorted on SOME of it.
But it all underlies the fact that I don't want to break anything up (although initally she said she'd cool off and see what happens)

DJnomore

Don Juan
Reaction score
How long does respect last?

Attraction is mostly respect.

It may be respect for how well you will pound her in bed.
But its respect none the less.

You respect people until they do something to lose your respect.

But that doesn't mean they are the person you respect the most.

Good luck