How important is space?

ChunLiKasumi

Don Juan
Reaction score
So I've been dating my current gf for more than a year now. We see each other about 5 to 6 times a week. I don't have any problem with this arrangement and I know that she likes having a day to herself to do her own thing. This is different than with my previous exs where we would spend everyday together. I didn't give this much thought because I figure every girl is different.

Lately, some of my relatives have been asking why I don't see her 7 times a day. They say that I should be seeing her everyday and that she doesnt follow th norm. The norm from their point of view is that I see her everyday and that she regularly comes over to my parents place for dinner, which my previous exs did. So they started implying that she may not be faithful to me.

I am of the opinion that they are just paranoid and I don't intend to do anything with regards to what they pointed out, but I would like some additional opinions, is space an indicator of anything or is it what I think it is, that it's a natural part of a relationship?

ArcBound

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I see my gf 3-6 times a week. I think you should be fine. In fact I would say you are more bordering on too much in one week, but that's just my personal opinion. I don't think that her not seeing you for 1 day means she is unfaithful.

Greasy Pig

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
One of my favourite writers is Khalil Gibran, and one of my favourite quotes of his is: "And stand together, yet not too near together; for the pillars of the temple stand apart."

Look up the whole poem, it perfectly sums up my beliefs on what a relationship should be.