How do you think up what to say quickly?

Magnatolia

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hi All,

I've been reading through a few of teh FR's and cold approaches. One thing I notice is you all seem to come up with answers (or if you can't, you improvise) at the snap of your fingers. You never seem to have trouble coming up with something good to say back.

How do you do this? Is it all just natural or can it only come from lots of practice?

Thanks
J

Brian20o2

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You dont hink you just react. If you have a good wit then often combacks are quick and easy. Although you can practice a quick wit, try having a normal convo. do have to think before every sentance or does it just flow? It should flow with little thought and thats the way they come up with the snappy combacks.

MightyMate

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If You cant think You wont think. If You cant write poems You wont learn to writ em. But You can to reply or react like a comouter -0 by studying many examples. Sucks tho, but nothign else You can do.

Brian20o2

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hmmm. Watch comedy to get a sence of humor then just try and make snappy comback whenever your in a convo. But dont do it too much or people think your an ass. Its hard to explain

Ace of Flames

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Everywhere you want to be.... I'm like a Visa card
you gotta be quick on the uptake. learn to think faster. watch comedy like brian suggests, mainly stand-up. it'll help you out, and hell, its funny stuff.

become more knowledgable. the more stuff you know about, the better chance you'll have something to say or comment about.

besides all that, a few snappy lines can be found around this site, if you look for em. basically all those comebacks you read are part of being ****y/Funny. they just come out when u get good at it.

so watch some comedy, read up, and learn c&f. try it out and tell us how it goes.

ShawnLG

Don Juan
Reaction score
Learning to talk with C@F takes practice. I have spent a few months practicing on women and men around my surroundings. You will get better with the wit and faster with the comeback. Watch some of Cary Grant's films and listen to his bantering. You don't need to copy his style. You can have your own that fits your personality.

Some things you sould keep in check when bantering.

1. You are the prize. Make it that she is persueing you.
2. You are the alpha-male. Dont take anyone's crap. You take the lead. You dont care.
3. Exploit her comfort zone, use neg-hits. Be fresh. Be unpredictable. Be different from other men.
4. The secret on how to make this all work is to say what is on your mind at the moment, but with a twist of wit.

Kerensky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
PRACTICE. <---THIS IS KEY TO SOLVING A SHIET LOAD OF THINGS PPL JUST R TOO LAZY TO DO IT

treat it like a game: everytime you get her to get this look on her face :eek: then you win a brownie. after you gain 10 lbs from all those fukin brownies, you are ready and an expert at being a smartass

boulepiquante

Banned
Reaction score
LISTEN TO pierce BROSNAN quips or repartees it s money

write down your own scripts at home and practise at home with ****YA funny imagine all sorts of situations and turns in your dialogues with the waitress receptionist whathaveyou

only go sarging when you have vvery HIGH ENERGY

hit on 5 women a day that s your mission otherwise you are effing no good SELF DIZIPLIN MEIN HERR!!!!

then in MARCH yor talsk ll be to get 2 telphone numbers a week

Spookey

Don Juan
Reaction score
invest in a little forward thinking:
before you go out, sit down and have a think about how she might react to what you say, then brainstorm some lines to overcome what she says.

but practice is the key, try and put yourself in sitautions where you are constantly having to think on your feet. its not a normal skill, but practice at anything will make you better

skd

Don Juan
Reaction score
one more tip:

If you are at a loss of a comeback, then don't fret it. Just think of a comeback sometime later in your spare time (l'esprit d'escalier according to the French), but more often than not, the same exact conversational situation will come up again where you can use it.

Logen

Don Juan
Reaction score
when you stop caring and treat the HB like a dude then it comes naturally to you.

you proly don’t know what to say because you're nervous. and you're nervous because you care what she thinks of you and how you look to her. you need to stop caring about this and everything else will fall into place in time.

[]D [] []V[] []D

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Im just gonna state what was already stated because it's true

1. Watch some standup comedy, i suggest Russel Peters

2. Practice outside in the real world

3. If you think of something to say after the conversation is over, keep it for the next time.. IT WILL happen again!

4. Heres some tests.. tell me what you would say to these situations:

HB: "Am i hot?"
You: "(Insert Comment Here)"

HB: "You look pretty good"

HB: "Do you like me?"

HB: "I think you're hot"

HB: "Buy me lunch/beer!"

think of some comeback for these statements, and remember them. Next time a girl says these words, you can say thanks to me, and use your comeback on her since your prepared.

Magnatolia

Don Juan
Reaction score
@D V D : I'm going to answer your q's but these are probably not what I would end up saying on the spot. If they were on the spot I would probably end up giving the answer they expected.

1. Run my hand along her skin. "Yeah, I can feel the sweat running off you."

2. "Thanks, you don't look too bad yourself."

3. "Sure, but I'm not sure we'd be good for each other if you need my approval"

4. "Yeah, I seem to have that effect on woman."

5. "Sure, but it's your shout next time."

What do you think of those responses?

Thanks
J

El MonoLoco

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Treat um like your kid brother or some little kid.......

I don't advocate treating a chick like a dude....cause well I don't want to sleep with my friends or any dude for that matter.

Tomatoes

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I work in sales so a quick wit has sort of coe natural. I just see women as a client and me sleeping with them is the business deal. Ofc with any business deal i always try and get the advantage. A quick wit takes practise and a good mind.

Watch lots of stand up comedy. Steal there ideas. Practise on all girls including UG's. Practise on friends. Me and my friends always take the piss out of each other in a C+F way. Its natural.