how do you respond to "you're such a player"

bankai

Don Juan
Reaction score
I was curious about how you've all responded when a girl jokes about you being a "player" or always having girls around you?

eg.
girl: who's been texting you?
guy: just a friend
girl: who? more girls! you're such a player.

I want this girl to feel a little pressure and I also want her to feel like she's got a chance.

Lexington

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Turn it back around on her and make fun of her: "Look at you, acting all possessive already!"

bankai

Don Juan
Reaction score
Is it too off topic to say something like "i can't help it if i'm this good looking"?

bankai

Don Juan
Reaction score
so i wrote back:

me: "Don't be jealous! I can't help it if I'm this good looking/smart/funny"
her: "... funny, i guess i agree... not so smart, definitely not that good looking"

not sure how to take that one

teddy240

Don Juan
Reaction score
All you have to say is " I cant help that people want to be around me" or "huh, i never noticed that before, it just seems so natural"

Lexington

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
bankai said:
so i wrote back:

me: "Don't be jealous! I can't help it if I'm this good looking/smart/funny"
her: "... funny, i guess i agree... not so smart, definitely not that good looking"

not sure how to take that one
Sounds to me like she's kidding around with you. That's a good sign. Just keep making fun of her but in a joking, friendly way. That's what flirting is all about.

PDubb75

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm assuming this is text messages? Stop texting. If you keep kidding around, it is not going to come off how you want it to. ****y/funny doesn't work when they need to read it. If she's reading it, it's playing in her head how she thinks you would be saying it. In other words, it's automatically "predictable" to her.

If you actually say it, your tone dictates the ****y/funny. The whole point of it is to come off in a way that she wouldn't necessarily expect. It won't come across properly in text.

SamTheHobit

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
By using some initiative. And thinking for yourself.

mahoney

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
my answer

"ha WHATEVER"

just laugh it off, don't have an actual answer. She isn't saying "you're such a player", she's asking "do you think you are a player?"

The correct answer to "do you think you are a player" isn't YES or NO, the correct answer is not to give an answer

xdreamz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
use "if i was a player then_____ , but if you want me to text you more just ________"

xdreamz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
"are you a slut?...nm u ARE a slut lol..seriously, haha"

badboyjmm

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Her:you're such a player

Me: It takes a player to recognize another one :whistle:

Sh0t

Don Juan
Reaction score
Depends on a million variables, but sometimes I just say, "oh i'm not a player, I'm just gay"

But honestly, if a girl gives you that line, it's a bittersweet compliment. If you exude player vibes, you might have to get your acting skills up some. The best players come across like choirboys, snakes in the grass style.

No lawn mowers

RockaRolla25

Don Juan
Reaction score
bankai said:
I was curious about how you've all responded when a girl jokes about you being a "player" or always having girls around you?

eg.
girl: who's been texting you?
guy: just a friend
girl: who? more girls! you're such a player.

I want this girl to feel a little pressure and I also want her to feel like she's got a chance.
Damn straight. And if you play your cards right, you could be #362. I'm trying to hit 500 and then retire.

DannyM

Don Juan
Reaction score
If she says your not good looking just reply back with "and theres me thinking we had nothing in common"