How do you respond to girls fishing for compliments?

Lexington

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm sure we've all seen this before. It's obvious that a girl is looking for a compliment. Do you oblige her, do you disregard it or do you bust on her a little bit in a joking way?

Conquer

Banned
Reaction score
amazing question, it depends what you want from the girl and who the girl is. For example if its some annoying unattractive girl in your face then u basically tell her to piss off lol

Cinamon

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
The question is, is she after a compliment compliment, or is she after an erotic sexy compliment.

Sometimes guys are a bit slow of the mark, and need a bit of prompting to say pick up the pace, and one way is getting him to compliment you. If the guy compliments my hair or smile, i do move things along by saying i prefer my breasts, which come second to my firm round ass. Hopefully by then he gets the hint, and comes in for a feel.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Compliment-fishing is a big indicator of interest. Just don't blow it by sucking up to her.

I think compliments are fine, as long as they are not empty ass-kissing. Most guys are blatant ass-kissers to women. As soon as they sense that she wants a compliment, they will gush a lot of blather about how great something is. If a girl says, "do you like my _____?" don't just spit out an affirmative answer. I usually say something like, "I don't know. Let me look." And then I will spend a brief moment actually thinking about what she asked...and then simply tell her what I think. Usually, I can find something nice to say. The point is to actually have a conversation. Compliments are ok if they are genuine. But part of being a genuine person is telling her you don't like something when that is really the case.

Allurre

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My rules to complimenting women.

1. It better be sincere, deep, not superficial.
2. Be ORIGINAL in the way you PHRASE your compliments. You're looking beautiful WORKS... but if you put a bit more effort... You're beautiful, smart, how come you didn't join a pageant contest?

3. Don't overdo it. Respect the value of scarcity. That way, your next compliment hits her even harder.

Jblitz59

Don Juan
Reaction score
i avoid giving compliments unless she owes one from me.. such as giving me something nice i'll throw her the 'reward' of a compliment. she kisses me well so i tell her mmm your lips are so nice

never give rewards if the girl did nothing to receive them. AFC all over it.

bookman

Don Juan
Reaction score
bumping an old thread
it sorta happened today, a girl in my class came with a new haircut. I said congratz on the new haircut
I don't really have an opinion when it comes it haircuts, it was a haircut. she looked good before it and she looks as good after it(in a different style) not particularly scoring high in my book

but in the middle of class she asks me if I think it looks nice. I don't feel you have a choice, I said "yeah they do" I didn't overdo it :p I really think it is impossible to say no, or not really or not much or regular or give any average rating when it comes to cases like this :p

marinetti

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
bookman, if you just said 'Congratulations' she may have been trying to genuinely figure out if you thought it looked nice or not.

At the same time, guys who notice haircuts and obviously understand style a little bit are rare, so I never miss an opportunity to say a girl's new hair looks nice. I'm just appreciating, not trying to get anything out of her.

Also, noticing smaller details is great too. Try noticing if she's done her nails, or if she has new earrings, or something like that.

5string

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Interesting thread. My wife continually asks me things like "does my butt look fat"? "How do my boobs look"? "Are my pants tight enough"? My hair looks bad huh"? I hear it every day. I also never validate any of it. I'll just say something like "ahh, looks the same as it did yesterday" or "I hadnt really noticed" or something of the like. Drives her nuts when I don't give her direct compliments. Keeps her on her toes. She must have had a history of AFC orbiters who fell for that female nonsense. Once in awhile I'll give her a direct compliment, but never in response to a question about her appearance. I just don't go there.

bookman

Don Juan
Reaction score
marinetti said:
bookman, if you just said 'Congratulations' she may have been trying to genuinely figure out if you thought it looked nice or not.

At the same time, guys who notice haircuts and obviously understand style a little bit are rare, so I never miss an opportunity to say a girl's new hair looks nice. I'm just appreciating, not trying to get anything out of her.

Also, noticing smaller details is great too. Try noticing if she's done her nails, or if she has new earrings, or something like that.
I notice and might occasionally say stuff(didn't happen with this particular girl yet) her fault though, she always leaves class with this other guy :confused: let him giver he the compliments, I am not getting so much as a polite hello on regular days, I feel as if she asked me to see if it will impress him lol

I just don't like compliments to be forced out of me this way, I like to give genuine compliments, with eye contact and sincerity and details and all that, but when I am asked, I get confused

boomerick

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Agree and Amplify (over state ...exagerate)---- with humor

Does my butt look too big?

Yes you're giving hippos a run for their money! (laugh)

Do you like my hair?

Yes I do the bull dyke look is in this summer! (laugh)

Do you like this dress(any artical of clothing)?

Yes, I have one just like it and I love wearing it! (laugh)

Make up your own ....try to be funny though ---not mean.....

This makes them crazy that you won't be serious

Just make sure to hold your ground and refuse to give them a straight answer

Complements are for very special ocassions

Chicks who fish for them are used to p*ssy boys jumping at the chance to "be nice" and compliment them....suplication p*ssies

It's kind of a sh!t test.....don't fall for it

Always .....Agree and Amplify

Try this and you will be AMAZED at what you can get away with ...AND...how much you control a once awkward situation

Over and Out.

GetOveIT

Don Juan
Reaction score
I usually don't like when a girl is fishing for compliments, either im inclined to give it or i dont, usualy i reply with a ****y attitude.