How do you guys define "STATUS"??

Ken785

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
as in social status, the staus women are talking about when they say they want a man of "high status"? what does that mean? like a ceo of a fortune 500 company? big shot lawyer? celebrity?

what are your guys definition? and do you think its imperative to have this "status"?

opinions please...

Centaurion

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
In ******** : "high status" = loaded with cash

Centaurion

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Why the **** is w omanese sensured???

Ken785

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
maybe because penkitten who is the site owners wife and an active member on this board doesnt like the word?..

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Gio is Allen? :confused:

Oh yeah, I'd avoid women who use the term "high status" just like I would avoid those who use the term "fine dining." Both screams that she is high maintenance in a costly way without having anything to offer in return beside her looks. I'd stick with women who would want a "stable" guy.

Ken785

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
or is "status" meaning your "rank" amongst your friends?? example meaning...are you the top dogg? or just a lower level grunt??

woman want to think...are you a leader in your group or a follower??...they want leaders.

i think status could also mean that..according to David Deangelo.

Create Reality

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
status = power. the kind of status women crave is men with power over something they want.

speakeasy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ken785 said:
as in social status, the staus women are talking about when they say they want a man of "high status"? what does that mean? like a ceo of a fortune 500 company? big shot lawyer? celebrity?

what are your guys definition? and do you think its imperative to have this "status"?

opinions please...
"Status" is all 100% relative. Sure to most women a guy with a flashy car, 6 figure job and nice suits might be a high status. But to a girl who's a hippy, high status might be some guy who takes his bicycle to work, likes sandals and tiedye and plays in a folk band. To some Palestinian woman, Osama Bin Ladin may be a high status man. Even convicted serial killers have been known to get sh*tloads of love letters from women. There is no one definition of status.

War Against Betaism

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Create Reality said:
status = power. the kind of status women crave is men with power over something they want.
That's exactly it.

Ken785

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ken785 said:
or is "status" meaning your "rank" amongst your friends?? example meaning...are you the top dogg? or just a lower level grunt??

woman want to think...are you a leader in your group or a follower??...they want leaders.

i think status could also mean that..according to David Deangelo.
again..have to stress this...what about status amongst friends? i used to hang out with guys that always told "the lil homies" what to do.

When we go out they would always pay the bill and wont let anyone pay so they look like big shots and make us look cheap...but then the meals and drinks dont come free cuz they would make us do stuff for them (if we didnt or objected we'd feel guilty).. like go buy beer...runs errons as "favors", go to the store, etc...all this in front of girls...

this makes them look like higher status than u cuz they lead u. the girls see that so he looks like the alpha of the group.

mpimpin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ken785 said:
again..have to stress this...what about status amongst friends? i used to hang out with guys that always told "the lil homies" what to do.

When we go out they would always pay the bill and wont let anyone pay so they look like big shots and make us look cheap...but then the meals and drinks dont come free cuz they would make us do stuff for them (if we didnt or objected we'd feel guilty).. like go buy beer...runs errons as "favors", go to the store, etc...all this in front of girls...

this makes them look like higher status than u cuz they lead u. the girls see that so he looks like the alpha of the group.

I would have to agree with you if looking at it from a high school/college age prospective. Obviously most people this age aren't big shot lawyers or CEO's or even have a lot of money but power over others is definitely an example of higher status.

~attrACTION~

Banned
Reaction score
speakeasy said:
"Status" is all 100% relative. Sure to most women a guy with a flashy car, 6 figure job and nice suits might be a high status. But to a girl who's a hippy, high status might be some guy who takes his bicycle to work, likes sandals and tiedye and plays in a folk band. To some Palestinian woman, Osama Bin Ladin may be a high status man. Even convicted serial killers have been known to get sh*tloads of love letters from women. There is no one definition of status.
I agree, it depends on the situation and environment. With that said, I usually do well with women who already perceive me as high status (which is subjective to who you are).

Ben MacDui

Don Juan
Reaction score
I think interests can also be included in the list of "status" considerations.

If someone mentions that he likes (and has the means) to travel extensively, plays energetic team sports like rugby and soccer to a decent level or does rock/mountain climbing etc. then I can only see that counting for him.