How do the below-average-looking guys do it?

Mr Plow

Banned
Reaction score
comic_relief said:
If you look at my pictures you will see that I am well below in the looks spectrum and I manage to get girls.

You look better than I do. You should do great with girls.

comic_relief
Don't complain about the way you look when you are about on par with the average (and yes I HAVE seen your pictures) and the same to the OP, you are not that below-average that you are "ugly."

BUT if you will not take my word for it go on:

www.hotornot.com

tr0ublemaker

Don Juan
Reaction score
JackBauer24, you're either a troll who is just on this site for kicks, or just a shameless, complete a$$hole.

mahon83050

Banned
Reaction score
tr0ublemaker said:
JackBauer24, you're either a troll who is just on this site for kicks, or just a shameless, complete a$$hole.
Atleast he was being honest.

No offense, I would not call the OP ugly, but he is "very average". Sorry, it is the truth.

ilikeburritos

Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies..

I am guessing that this has been killing my confidence (whether I have realized that or not) with women - despite how I look. It all stems from a bad case of acne which lasted for most of my elementary school years up until my last couple years in high school...

My wardrobe basically consists of jeans and t-shirts, which needs to change. Any ideas on what might be some good "looks" to go for? Or what stores to shop at other than wal-mart?

badass tattoo'd rocker?
preppy?
casual dress?
rich-looking?
thug?
any ideas?

arqz4

Don Juan
Reaction score
Crazy Asian said:
is it just me, or can u guys not tell if other guys are good looking or not.

if you can, i'm pretty sure that's a sign that ur gay ;)
so if a dad think his 20 y/o sun is good looking, hes dad is gay?

lol...

i know when guys can crush puss* easyly, you dont have to be gay or a scientist to notice that... its not sexual.. beauty is everywhere, sexuality is another thing

chance you perspective dude

on topic:

first pic you looked friendly, avg ou above avg probably

droogie

Don Juan
Reaction score
burritos, I think you look like someone that would benefit from learning how to be funny (if you're not already of course.) Not being a smart ass here but you look like somebody I'd guess would make a pretty good smart ass. That was my reaction to your pics dude. No kidding. Incorporate that confidence you're building by going to the gym into your game.

comic_relief

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
chance_ said:
where's your pic? :p
AE forum
thread: "Comic_Relief pictures" or something of that nature.

comic_relief

Reaction score
Yes, you do have a "prominent" nose - but as you stated, there is little you can do to change what you have and you must deal with reality.

A solution may be to gain 100 pounds and let your hair grow, of which everything else on you will get bigger and therefore it will make your nose less pronounced. I jest, but there may be some truth to it.

Are you a quiet type or outgoing? Regardless, you must come off as confident and be ready to take on negative comments from boisterous hos trying to demean you. A quick wit and a manly presence will outdo any physical trait!

nightcrawler

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
ilikeburritos said:
Ok I'll just be honest here, I've always suffered from low self esteem regarding my looks (particularly my facial features which we humans unfortunately do not have control over). I do happen to have a very fit and toned body, which I am proud of and confident in my body...however I can't just walk around with my shirt off at the coffee shop. I do my best with what I have to work with, but am just looking for an outside point of view to put this into perspective.

I am really just looking for some feedback on if you would call this below avg, or average perhaps at best? Thank you, and please be honest.

Picture from my good side: http://i4.tinypic.com/82xzza9.jpg

Straight on pic, showcasing my large and crooked nose: http://i8.tinypic.com/6okyusw.jpg
Personally I don't think you look bad, however I do think that your current facial grooming doesn't suit you.

Given that you are a redhead, your eyebrows and eyelashes are hardly visible. This is what is giving you the "ackward/weird" look.

With that said, grow a 5 o clock shadow and some facial hair. It will make you more worldly and less creepy.

Luveno

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Grow your hair and dress better.

mahon83050

Banned
Reaction score
Last Man Standing said:
Yes, you do have a "prominent" nose - but as you stated, there is little you can do to change what you have and you must deal with reality.

A solution may be to gain 100 pounds and let your hair grow, of which everything else on you will get bigger and therefore it will make your nose less pronounced. I jest, but there may be some truth to it.

Are you a quiet type or outgoing? Regardless, you must come off as confident and be ready to take on negative comments from boisterous hos trying to demean you. A quick wit and a manly presence will outdo any physical trait!
Why do people always say, "You have to accept it" or "There is nothing you can do about it" and you will always be average looking.

Do you say the same to a person who has crooked teeth? That person can get orthodontic braces. It is really no different than plastic surgery. It is NOT VAIN to get cosmetic surgery if you are self conscious about something.

Like I said, if something bothers you that much, go spend 7K on a nose job.

Since the nose is the center of the face and the most prominent feature, any small alteration can have a "dramatic" change in your appearance.

It is obvious, it is your over-sized nose that is detracting from your looks.

ChapStick

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Several girls have said that I'm pretty hot but yet I'm not as successful with girls as I'd like to be! On top of that I've still got my physical insecurities... I feel that my looks are working against me because most girls think that I'm either gay or that I'm a player and most dudes think I'm one of those goody goody church going guys... It's ridiculous!

Don't swear your appearance. You look fine!!! Don't get a ****ing nose job dude unless it really bothers you a lot. To be honest, I know this dude that has a crooked nose (WAY worse than you) but he is married to a hottie. He's just a really great guy who's awesome to be around, and his wife appreciates that. She is so in-love with him from the way it looks.. And the dude works at a church as an internet. Hey bro, trust me on this.. You look fine! :)

I think I posted a thread with my pics on it. Look at it if you want. Yes... I do get rejected by girls (I did last week actually by an HB 6.5-7).. Maybe I just look better in my pics than in real life.. Either that, or my personality sucks.. I want to improve so bad as well!