How do the below-average-looking guys do it?

ilikeburritos

Don Juan
Reaction score
Ok I'll just be honest here, I've always suffered from low self esteem regarding my looks (particularly my facial features which we humans unfortunately do not have control over). I do happen to have a very fit and toned body, which I am proud of and confident in my body...however I can't just walk around with my shirt off at the coffee shop. I do my best with what I have to work with, but am just looking for an outside point of view to put this into perspective.

I am really just looking for some feedback on if you would call this below avg, or average perhaps at best? Thank you, and please be honest.

Picture from my good side: http://i4.tinypic.com/82xzza9.jpg

Straight on pic, showcasing my large and crooked nose: http://i8.tinypic.com/6okyusw.jpg

Last edited:

jt the azn

Don Juan
Reaction score
hes not bad looking at all. looks dont matter as much for guys. to women, looks matter a lot because guys judge based mostly on looks.

ilikeburritos

Don Juan
Reaction score
jt the azn,

I think I edited my post after you replied, I originally posted saying it was not me but then realized how stupid that was...it is me in the pic

Gangster Of Love

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dude you are average to above average. Make sure you smile enough, as that second picture gives you a hard look, and that of a not too friendly guy; the one smiling you look very normal and friendly; your looks by themselves won't have a negative effect, and while working on your body language and style, you can actually use them to your advantage.

Crazy Asian

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
is it just me, or can u guys not tell if other guys are good looking or not.

if you can, i'm pretty sure that's a sign that ur gay ;)

DismantleRepair

Don Juan
Reaction score
With a bit of effort you could definitely be in the upper half. What do you look like if you grow your hair? I think it'd be useful for framing your face. Also, your eyebrows almost blend in with your skin tone - I would try go make them more defined to draw focus to your eyes (but I would have no idea about how to do this).

Alittude

Don Juan
Reaction score
You look like Ed Herman from the Ultimate Fighter. He ran around saying how good he was and how good looking he was and people believed him haha so with the right attitude I'm sure you'll be fine buddy just focus more on your game.

Jean Gab1

Reaction score
Your problem: not your facial features.

Just lose the "deer in the headlight" look (work on your eyes expression, confident and detached), put on a "skin tight" shirt if you have a fit body, get a tan (even though it might be hard if you are naturally redhead), chin up, and when you go out, forget completely about how you look, be totally "look unconscious" and concentrate on PEOPLE, not on yourself. Women hate self-centered men.
If you hadn't told about it, I wouldn't have noticed the nose thing.

Alkali

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Crazy Asian said:
is it just me, or can u guys not tell if other guys are good looking or not.

if you can, i'm pretty sure that's a sign that ur gay ;)
You're gay for thinking that lol

comic_relief

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you look at my pictures you will see that I am well below in the looks spectrum and I manage to get girls.

You look better than I do. You should do great with girls.

comic_relief

AFC Savior

Banned
Reaction score
comic_relief said:
If you look at my pictures you will see that I am well below in the looks spectrum and I manage to get girls.

comic_relief
u manage to get a gf who is a 1 outta 10, you are a horrible example of what players should strive to be

Snow Plowman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Don't use your looks as a way to hold you back. Accept everything that you have and just focus on improving your self with women. Plain and simple. As of right now don't even think about how you look because either way it doesn't matter.

You can dwell on it and get no where or you can just practice gaming and change your life and your whole outlook of life.

With that said if you up your style you can surely get better results as you'd look "cooler".

I'm seeing the rockstar look. You know the leather jacket, shades, bad boy/edgy look. I happen to find a pic of a guy who I think looks similar to you who is dressed pretty good.

http://www.okgo.net/images/image_store.jpg

Seriously a chick not being attracted because of how you look? Well if you don't have any game it would be a problem but just practice and work on it. At the end of the day what do you have to lose.

You either don't do anything and don't get girls

or

You be proactive about it and just work on what you can control (Getting Superb Social skills)

I honestly don't think you look bad at all and if you were to really add some style to your wardrobe you'd be better off and it would be easier to game.

chance_

Don Juan
Reaction score
comic_relief said:

comic_relief
where's your pic? :p