How do I get over her when we live together

brady1124

Don Juan
Reaction score
Guys I cant move out anytime soon....so me and my ex girl are stuck living together...but I still love her but she doesnt feel the same...im sure she has somebody new....my question is how can I get over her while I am here....wat steps do I need..i wanna shake this feeling...keep in mind I just move to her state and hometown and I really dont know anybody.

floydb25

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Take it as a vitally important lesson to be learned, and don't make the same mistake again. You gave up everything to be with her - now you have nothing, and don't know anybody. And you can't leave.

About the only thing you can do is accept the situation you put yourself in, and adapt. Go out and date other people. Start getting connected with others. Get a life. Be social. Go out. Stop depending on her for everything. Accept that its over. Drill it in your mind that it is. She's just a roommate at this point - one you don't need to talk to beyond house issues.

Do NOT date other people with the intention of getting her back. She's no longer a prospect for dating. Don't even think about being together anymore.

Aaron B

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
of course you can move out

it might make your life hard, but not as hard as your life will be if you stay there with her

and yeah, when you follow a girl to another city or state specifically to be with her, you surrender all your power to her and then surprise surprise! she is no longer attracted to you

the right girl will move for you or stay for you. the woman is supposed to follow the man, not the other way round

Mantis Toboggan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Stupid question.

Move out. And if you can't, then shut up and live with it until you CAN move out.

What else can people tell you? Next question...

st_99

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I knew a guy that moved in with his girlfriend, they broke up, he starting dating some real hot girl and was banging her in the house they both lived in while she just had to sit there and take the punishment. How's that for a sh*ty situation...

floydb25

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
He might be on the lease. How can he move out, then? If so, thats another lesson to be learned.

If not, move back to wherever you came from.

Iceberg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
floydb25 said:
He might be on the lease. How can he move out, then? If so, thats another lesson to be learned.

If he's on the lease, and the girl doesn't like him then she'll be happy to let him leave and find a roommate. Unless I'm supposed to believe that she HATES him, but somehow still wants to live with him. But I'm not dumb enough to believe that, right?

Besides, I think he got all the help he needed in his other thread about this topic

http://www.sosuave.net/forum/showthread.php?t=190176

Beyond that, I don't think there's much that can be added. And I'm already having my doubts about this guy's credibility.

floydb25

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You're putting too much faith into women, there. Some of them DO like to see men suffer after the break-up, and gloating about it. Some of them are crazy. Some of them like keeping people around that they hate - be it as friends, or ego boosts, or roomates, or husbands. Some of them simply do dumb **** in general. So on and so forth.

Aaron B

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
floydb25 said:

people break leases all the time

also he can still pay the rent but stay somewhere else