How do I act now?

time2change

Don Juan
Reaction score
Ok, long story short, I was kind of dating one gal for about a week (never went on a real date but we're both studying the same subject, so made out a few times, would chat a lot and so on). However, she's a professional athlete and had to go to a training camp for 3 weeks. During that time I made a mistake and made out with another girl at a nightclub, then felt extremely guilty and confessed my feelings to the first one via fb. Wrote sth like that: "there was another crush at first but now I'm really longing for you and understood that you are very important to me" (roughly translated form my language). I know I made a very afc move confessing my feelings way too early and now she seems distant, says we'll have to talk about us when she comes back, hasn't even responded to my last text. Btw she's coming home after a week.
How should I act now? I already started searching for another girl but, heck, I like this one very much.

Kbomb

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
time2change said:
Ok, long story short, I was kind of dating one gal for about a week (never went on a real date but we're both studying the same subject, so made out a few times, would chat a lot and so on). However, she's a professional athlete and had to go to a training camp for 3 weeks. During that time I made a mistake and made out with another girl at a nightclub, then felt extremely guilty and confessed my feelings to the first one via fb. Wrote sth like that: "there was another crush at first but now I'm really longing for you and understood that you are very important to me" (roughly translated form my language). I know I made a very afc move confessing my feelings way too early and now she seems distant, says we'll have to talk about us when she comes back, hasn't even responded to my last text. Btw she's coming home after a week.
How should I act now? I already started searching for another girl but, heck, I like this one very much.
;) this

AlphaGhost

Don Juan
Reaction score
lol kbomb answered, just take it as a lesson. A plate doesnt need to know about your other plates.

Harry Wilmington

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Also, for future reference: the dating phase isn't the commitment phase, it's the "finding out about the person" page. You had only been dating this girl for a week, so you didn't have any real obligation to be seeing only her. It's like buying a car: if you go to Toyota's lot and see a car you think you might like, you don't need to feel guilty about checking out a car on the Honda lot as well.

Because she's not your girlfriend yet, you can makeout with whomever else you'd like until there is an established commitment. And when you do make out with other girls you don't need to feel all guilty about it. You think if she was making out with other guys at bars whilst she was away for 3 weeks that she would tell you about it? And also, why would you tell her something you did that you know she isn't going to like? You're thinking that being honest with her about this is going to raise her interest level, when all it does it make it come crashing down.

So yeah... next time something like this happens, just keep your mouth shut about it.

time2change

Don Juan
Reaction score
ok, but what would you do to increase the interest level again in that girl? I don't want to give up yet.

Sir_Laid_A_Lot

Don Juan
Reaction score
time2change said:
If you can't handle a situation like that you shouldn't have gotten into it in the first place, but you wouldn't know because you are inexperienced. The good about it is you can learn from this mistake and learn to do it better in the future or not do it at all again depending on what you prefer. You shouldn't have confessed what you did with the other girl. When you felt guilty you should have kept it to yourself and vowed not to do it again (If that is even possible). By doing what you did you made a big mistake of prematurely telling her about how you felt instead of keeping the fun of the chase in the relationship and the mystery about you. But you blew that all away by putting your heart and emotions on a sleeve. Now this will reduce her INTEREST LEVEL in you. What you want to do from now onwards is to initiate NC and be INDIFFERENT. I don't think talking it out will do any good because all you will end up doing is APOLOGIZING to her and being her dog which will make her lose respect for you. Even if you do end up apologizing do it just ONCE. Make sure she gets the point and then stop apologizing altogether. In case she does not accept your apology and tells you that the two of you NEED SPACE then give her all the space she wants and initiate NC. Don't go chasing after her as this will make you look DESPERATE and NEEDY which will further lower her interest level in you.

Sir_Laid_A_Lot

Don Juan
Reaction score
time2change said:
ok, but what would you do to increase the interest level again in that girl? I don't want to give up yet.
Do exactly what i told you to do and do the exact OPPOSITE of what i told you not to do.