How can I guy who stutters a lot get girls

blankman

Don Juan
Reaction score
The question pretty much speaks for itself. See, I been a member of sosuave.com since 2005 and I really need help in this area of my life. So I'm asking if there is someone who has went through the same experence as I am and help a young brother out. My problem is not when I'm trying to approach girls, it starts even before I get dress and head off to my first class. I know this sounds pittyful and it does but if there's someone who can help me out and give me some tips to work through my stuttering I'll gratefully appericate it. You see I been stuttering all of my life, and even though is not an excuss, It stops me from approaching the kind of girls that I want to approach. What should I do?

Maybnoob

Don Juan
Reaction score
Have you had any speech therapy.. because i used to stutter quire badly when i was aroud 9 years old... but had some speech therapy and soon overcame it, and i havent stammered since i was young.. All i can say is that, try some speech therapy..

The Juan and only

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Go to a loud club where speech isn't really possible anyway.

Let the music drown out your nervous stuttering, and get physical baby.

Delta

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
hey blank,

yeah, i'm sure we all feel for you and we definitely don't see it as you making an excuse.

it can be rough and it may end up just having to have a sense of humor about it and as in all things in the game, you must not be self conscious or insecure about it and just plug on through... perhaps even having pre-printed cards that you flash to them after the initial "hi".

but as maybnoob pointed out, there is therapy. have you seen anyone about it? there's hi tec stuff too like wearing a hearing piece that feeds back to you the sound of your own speech but with a delay - they say it kinda short circuits your brain into killing the stutter.

talk to your doctor. talk to a therapist.

over several posts, it seems that people are trying to learn to live with something that they should instead be trying to either cure, fix or eradicate.

luck.

delta

bingo_

Don Juan
Reaction score
i heard if you scream alot five minutes a day it helps the stutter go away.

Centaurion

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I used to stutter when I was younger.

I quickly found out that there were certain words that made me stutter, and I could feel that I would start stuttering if I said them. Whenever I came across such a word, I would try to reform that sentence I was going to say so it didn't contain the word that made me stuttert. This actually helped me to increase my vocabulary and after a while I stopped stutering.

Migel

Don Juan
Reaction score
People don't give a **** if you stutter unless you give a **** about it.
Realize that this is your reality and you are the man. You stutter because that's the way it is and you're in the process of overcoming it. But until then don't let anyone see that you're nervous about it. This is the key thing. Talk as confidently as possible. Get ANGRY with it at times and SHOW it! Show that you want to be heard no matter what!
Believe me, if you don't care about it people will accept it.

Centaurion

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Migel said:
People don't give a **** if you stutter unless you give a **** about it.
Riiiiight. :rolleyes: This guy is only trying to blow sunshine up your ass.

The reality is people and, especially chicks, give a fvck about your stuttering problem. No matter what you believe, we live in a superficial world - people will give a fvck if you are outside the norm in a negative way.

You have to grab your stuttering problem by the balls and DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT. Google it, learn tricks to overcome it, get accupuncture, do whatever you can to overcome it.

Randomer

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm not sure exactly what happens since I haven't really suffered from stuttering but if I can give any advice, I'll say this: I used to say "ummm" and stuff like that a lot when I was younger and the advice I got was to just slow down with what I was saying and think about what I wanted to say before I said it... I'd try that if I were you, maybe if you just take a second longer to really think about what you're saying, it'll be that much more clear in your mind and hence stop the stuttering a bit because you know exactly what you want to get out

asdfghjkl

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I dont stutter, but my cousin stutters pretty bad, he seems to have gf's/female friends though. It's not like people wont talk to you if you stutter, and you can probably figure if people are really interested in what your saying.:cool: