Hobbies.

Idkmyname

Don Juan
Reaction score
We all know it's a good thing to have hobbies, it even helps with DJing. As of lately though, I don't seem to have any hobbies anymore. All I do is study, study and study some more. I used to love to skateboard, snowboard, rock climb and the such. I can no longer afford snowboarding and I'm getting to the age were I just don't have the 8 hours a day I used to to dedicate to skateboarding.

Do any of you have an recommendations of new hobbies for me? I already lift and I still occasionally rock climb and snowboard. I just want a new exciting hobby (i.e. not stamp collecting). Thanks.

Desert Fox

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah I'd say an instrument is cool, like guitar or keyboard.

If not that, and you prefer computer stuff, I'd probably go with trying to learn how to use Adobe suite programs like Photoshop and illustrator really well just for kicks and for fun.

piranha45

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
play videogames.

speakeasy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Martial arts and cycling for me. Some photography and travel here and there too. Camping on occasion. I lift weights too, but I don't include that since I don't enjoy doing it, I just do it for a better physique. If I could have a good physique without working out, I'd never step into a gym again for the rest of my life.

VdoubleR

Don Juan
Reaction score
My hobbies include:

1) Weight lifting.
2) Guitar.
3) Acting.
4) Dancing.
5) Cooking.

I would love to do a lot more but as a full-time university student it's difficult to find a lot of free time.

Those few hobbies have proven, time and time again, to be useful for the game (Openers, Rapport, DHV) and for myself (I do those things because I have fun doing them).

-VdoubleR

edger

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A state in America that'll unmercifully leave you
Of course as a musician, I'm first gonna say, pick up an instrument(guitar, bass, drums, keyboards, etc.).

Second to that, give Surfing a shot if you're near the coast. I've been at it since I'm 16. Great hobby/sport, a lot of fun once you know what you're doing. Just be careful.

SuavePlaya

Don Juan
Reaction score
you guys that said dance you guys actually dance on your free time? it's not a rant just curious... Writing, Reading, Drawing, Lifting, Basketball, Football. Learning an instrument would be cool.

FairShake

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
SuavePlaya said:
you guys that said dance you guys actually dance on your free time? it's not a rant just curious... Writing, Reading, Drawing, Lifting, Basketball, Football. Learning an instrument would be cool.
Of course. Going out and dancing is MUCH more fun than, say, going out and drinking. Well, not much more...but comparable. :rockon:

RazorAzoth

Don Juan
Reaction score
I want to play drums so freakin bad but I live in an apartment. Do you guys that play drums here live out in the country? lol

WhitePimp

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
FairShake said:
Of course. Going out and dancing is MUCH more fun than, say, going out and drinking. Well, not much more...but comparable. :rockon:
I never thought I'd say this but I've recently gone out dancing a few times against my will (I dance like your token white nerd who just CANNOT move properly, yet I can drum like a mofo - go figure) and I LOVE IT!! I can't wait to go out next weekend and dance. Just curious, how long did it take before you started moving properly and could actually look decent? :rock:

For the original poster, instruments can give you a lifetime of hobbies man. From picking up my first drumstick 14 years ago to being fluent in guitar, bass, piano, and drums today, it's changed my life in SO many ways. I highly suggest picking up an instrument. Buy a cheapo acoustic and go nuts!

Darth

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Instruments are very cool. And you'll be able to enjoy making music your whole life.

Here are some of my hobbies: Piano, chess, reading, computers/video editing, photography, biking, skiing, exercising, writing fiction, writing music....

Rounder

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
fishing - currently learning to fly fish, but I grew up bass fishing
kayaking
camping - the top 3 blend together quite often
piano
saxophone
poker
Jeeping
wine - starting to learn about it
rollerblading - old hobby, but still enjoy it and most girls like rollerskating

FairShake

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
WhitePimp said:
Just curious, how long did it take before you started moving properly and could actually look decent?
I grew up dancing alot actually so it was never a problem for me.

That said, I'm 6'4" and 260lbs, so it's not hard to look dumb.

Anyway, find the right woman and the right club and you'll learn all kinda of things to do.

R1_test pilot

Don Juan
Reaction score
Sport bikes, Quading,Camping.....
Motorcycles and camping seem to be popular with the girls....

Dancing is next on my list.