High School Observation

Smooth Player 056

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Lately, I have been doing a lot of observing at my High School. I wanted to see what makes some people popular and respected, and what makes others loosers, and butt of all jokes.

I have noticed, the respected guys do NOT open their mouth unless it is something respectable. They are light years ahead of the rest, their social maturity level is much higher. For example if you got placed in middle school, dont u think you could become the most popular?....of course you would, because you are on a High School maturity level, while they are on a middle school maturity level, which makes you respectable.

The people who are not respected are people with outcast syles of clothing, immature behavior and humor, and quiet personalities (quiet is NOT the same thing as laid back). For example if you saw 2 normal guys walk in the classroom door. John walks stright up to the teacher confidently, while eyeing everyone in the room as he walks. Bob waits till the teacher calls him to come, he looks down as he walks and his voice shakes as he is up in front of the class. Wich guy is the more probable target for harrasment. Bob is. John seems confident, so people will respect him.

If you feel inclined to act like Bob, focuas on things you do better than people, and also focus on peoples flaws, if will reasure you and make you more confident in the long run.

Remember you are a DJ, we are all better than the average Joe

Remember when you give respect you earn respect

Smooth Player

Zod

Don Juan
Reaction score
This reminded me about the Enzyte commercial.

But good post.

08aisaac

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
WOW. This is the epitomy of what I have been thinking for a few weeks now.

Like I noticed the same exact thing, but couldn't place my finger on it. I mean I observe this all the time. I do this all the time.

I have respect for myself, and people seem to show me respect.

But some people are intimidated by me. I wish they weren't because I really am open to meeting people.

I will try to give off a persona of approachability, and keep my respect.

dadmonson

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I mean it ain't rocket science, but cool, I guess. U wanna cookie?

08aisaac

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by BClanc159
Me too,man. Even girls sometimes seem intimidated by me. I mean i'm pretty good looking but it seems like girls get super shy around me even when i'm being friendly.
Well even though I know girls like me like a fat kid likes cake, and I could easily date any of them, I have a problem getting numbers. I mean I never really think of getting a girls number. I mean I guess there's a point, but I don't see it. I guess I just am not much for the phone. Guess I should start talking on the phone.

But yeah I guess them being shy puts me inthe perfect position to get a number.

Brian20o2

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Zod
This reminded me about the Enzyte commercial.
Meet bob, he ordered enzyte. now look at him a BIG BOOST of "Confidencs" *neighbors hose droops*

HAHAHAHA those comercials are pure comedy

Vincent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Quit posting bullsh*t people. This isn't AE.

Jay-X

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
very good post smooth, so you suggest shutting the fùck up unless you have something clever to say? that is what i try to do, but i ruin it all every fùckin day crackin lots of ugly sex jokes... the slutty girls get attracted, but everyone else thinks that i'm either a sex addict or, more commonly, an idiot

B-Lemond

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
HEY!!!!!! SMOOTH! Alright now smooth, now that the waters are calm, add me to your newsletter for the HSDJBC. You know my e-mail.
Thanks Smooth

ohiofutballa

Don Juan
Reaction score
Maybe my school is a different world...But there are plenty of immature respected guys, Looking at almost the whole football team (D-1, state-contending) They are simply respected because they can perform excellently on a great team. And these kids are the same ones who have fart contests, and cant help but laugh at the word "poopie"

Yes, this was a great post about what the average joe can do, but it doesnt apply to ones that simply get respect for being gifted athletically

Jay-X

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by ohiofutballa
Maybe my school is a different world...But there are plenty of immature respected guys, Looking at almost the whole football team (D-1, state-contending) They are simply respected because they can perform excellently on a great team. And these kids are the same ones who have fart contests, and cant help but laugh at the word "poopie"

Yes, this was a great post about what the average joe can do, but it doesnt apply to ones that simply get respect for being gifted athletically

that happens everywhere, the most respected and admired guy in my ex school is a stoner that doesn't play sports at school. he loves farts contests and cracks lots of jokes. the fact is, you can get this guy is mature because he talks very witty and knows when he has to shut up and when to crack witty jokes
being genetically gifted doesn't matter

kidkoala

Don Juan
Reaction score
IMO the most popular respected people are the most immature. Half of the time they use fear and physical presence to cudgel people into obediance and make fun of kids to boost their egos and assert dominance while crushing kids egos. Oh yeah so mature. That's the way it is in my school. Although I must admit that these guys do have many positive aspects like their confidence.

familyguyfan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by kidkoala
IMO the most popular respected people are the most immature. Half of the time they use fear and physical presence to cudgel people into obediance and make fun of kids to boost their egos and assert dominance while crushing kids egos. Oh yeah so mature. That's the way it is in my school. Although I must admit that these guys do have many positive aspects like their confidence.
He said socially mature, not mature in general. There's a difference.

Smooth Player 056

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
you guys have a really good pont there i didnt think of......that the guys who have fart contests are popular....yes among themselves, half the school hates them though. Im not saying become a mute. Just think before you say some stupid ****.

If you always say some thing respectable..how can you not be respected?

smooth

Boner da Stoner

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
having gone three times through grade twelve(I had to do something with my time don't laugh!! I have an A+ average now:p ) I have seen many different kinds of kids go from klutz to klown from nerd to geek from smokers to tokers from bum to beauty... I've also seen a lot of dropouts and expellees.

You can study these kids, some of them have ****ed up childhoods, but they all want new experiences!!

Don't let them down, study them for a bit. If they notice you snooping step up to the plate and flame them ONCE(****y and funny) set them off guard, then tell them you want to be their friend but didn;t know if they were crazy or not.

Get to know why they are like they are, actually learn through a few conversations with them why they feel 'special;)'

Jay-X

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Boner da Stoner
having gone three times through grade twelve(I had to do something with my time don't laugh!! I have an A+ average now:p ) I have seen many different kinds of kids go from klutz to klown from nerd to geek from smokers to tokers from bum to beauty... I've also seen a lot of dropouts and expellees.

i'm sorry, but what is a klutz?! plus, isn't nerd the same as geek? and what are tokers? i'm not english, so forgive me:)