Hey bors!

hardrock1

Don Juan
Reaction score
I was doing curls with the smith machine and some steroid freak told me not to do them. Why is that? What wrong with smith curls?

N

No-Ruhls

DAMN bor.. listen to taht ****or. He riodz and knoz mor than u do bout ne thing. Stop fukn round bfor I roid on yor ass. Fkin smith machin i eet that sht for brickfast bor. get on some halodecatestadrolibolan. **** meks me like marcus ruhl i got *****z on my coq 24 sevn suk n **** all dya bor fuk gotta go fuk sum slutz like now b4 i keel em.

Saine

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Um, don't go around calling everyone bigger than you a steroid freak, it's just not nice.

Smith curls are useless, do the real dumbbell curl.

He was doing you a favor, trust me.

Saine

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by No-Ruhls
DAMN bor.. listen to taht ****or. He riodz and knoz mor than u do bout ne thing. Stop fukn round bfor I roid on yor ass. Fkin smith machin i eet that sht for brickfast bor. get on some halodecatestadrolibolan. **** meks me like marcus ruhl i got *****z on my coq 24 sevn suk n **** all dya bor fuk gotta go fuk sum slutz like now b4 i keel em.
Lol, hello Allen? See what I mean?

Funny FIRST post.

Go away. You're not helping.

N

No-Ruhls

wtfuk bor wtfuk is ****** i type f u c k and s h i t wtf is *** that dusnt spell f u c k or s h i t. How u guna undrstand bor if cant no talk like hooman englsh ind sht.

hardrock1

Don Juan
Reaction score
Maybe it's not nice, but I didn't say it to his face. He had to be a juicer, his arms were like 17". He must have weighed 220.

Saine

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So? I have a 15" and I never roid. Not all 220+ and 17" are roiders.

Saine

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by No-Ruhls
wtfuk bor wtfuk is ****** i type f u c k and s h i t wtf is *** that dusnt spell f u c k or s h i t. How u guna undrstand bor if cant no talk like hooman englsh ind sht.
That's not english.

Good sake, this guy could turn the entire Shakespearean work into a few word!

Neo

Don Juan
Reaction score
flaming is bad mmkay.

Stick to free weights, forget machines they suck.

And don't forget to squat

Reto

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Why do machines suck? They keep a person in proper form.

How many ppl do you see slinging dumb bells around that are too heavy for them? One of my pet peeves... Improper form to impress some one with the amount you can lift...

As far as Smith curls? I've worked out for years and have never heard of nor seen Smith curls. A Smith machine is a near straight up & down movement. I've got to try it. I bet it hurts your shoulders...LOL...

MetalFortress

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
"Why do machines suck? They keep a person in proper form."

Exactly. You need to work the stabilizers so you can keep YOURSELF in proper form, and translate it to real world strength!! If you want virtual muscles, stick to machines. I want muscles that actually do something.

"How many ppl do you see slinging dumb bells around that are too heavy for them? One of my pet peeves... Improper form to impress some one with the amount you can lift..."

It's not a good thing, but it's better than seeing a guy with 18 inch arms do curls with 30-40 lb dumbbells for 10 reps per side. Unless he's rehabbing from an injury, then that's dumb.

"As far as Smith curls? I've worked out for years and have never heard of nor seen Smith curls. A Smith machine is a near straight up & down movement. I've got to try it. I bet it hurts your shoulders...LOL..."

Same here. Smith machines are bad mmkay

Templeton

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by hardrock1
Maybe it's not nice, but I didn't say it to his face. He had to be a juicer, his arms were like 17". He must have weighed 220.
Yeah, that's some freaky size, I mean 220 is fvckin huge. Give me a break.:rolleyes:

Reto

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Metal,

Not flame you, but you're 18. How long have you been lifting? How much time have you spent in a gym? No. Not the high school gym and not Balleys. I mean a professional gym with pro athletes. Watch, ask questions, and learn.

Machines isolate the muscle it was designed to exercise. They are designed to duplicate the exact movement of free weights. Plus, there is a built in measure of safety in them.

I'm not trying to argue about free weights v. machines. Both have thier merrits.

If you've seen any of my posts, my philosophy is what works for you, be it lifting, eating, suppliments, or even drugs, is what works for you. You should keep it up if it works.

Fyi; I'm 40 years old, started lifting in high school, and competed in body building locally in the 80's. I am now more into extreme type sports; running, biking, canyoning, etc... I am in the gym every day, doing something... Just re-newed my membership at the same gym for the 14th year in a row!

SM1

Reaction score
Hi. Im new to the board and have questions.

Whats a smith machine? I'm 16 can I use it or will it stumpt my growith?

Also when you say roids do you mean steroids? My friend at school has a brother in football at college and he gets pills called deballs that are a kind of steroid. We are going to take some but I was wondering if they really make your jonson stay little. Should I try creatine first? How big will creatine make me?

hardrock1

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by MetalFortress
When did you start? I gained about 13 pounds in 35 days when I bulked, and at least 10 of that was muscle.
I have been training for 3 years. I do a fulll body workout 3 times a week. I'm a hardgainer.

SM1- I was also thinking about dballs. And creatine wokrs just as good as steroids. Thats how I gained all my mass.